The Monday Book Report #11 - 2019 Classic Goals



I am linking up with 






I want to share my 2019 Classic goals and then do my best to actually stick to them!  I joined the Classics Club last August because I want to read more books that have withstood the test of time. 

I've chosen six classic novels that I plan to read this year.  Hopefully there will be may more, but for now, these are the six that I most want to read. 

1.  Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson   





2. Siddhartha by Herman Hesse 

3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte 



4. Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery 

5.  Tess of the D'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy 



6. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath 







Comments

  1. Very nice choices! I hope you enjoy all six books! I look forward to your thoughts on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to get a move on! I haven't been reading nearly enough this month!

      Delete
  2. These classics look good. I just started following you. Am a member of Classics club. I see you live in Michigan. I grew up in Michigan. Have been living in Tasmania, Australia now 31 years. Just saying hello to fellow Michigander blogger. (The Penguin and I)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! What a change between Michigan and Australia! We're getting a big winter storm tomorrow - so be happy you're not here. I'll be following you back!

      Delete
  3. good luck on your goals! Tess is so good. Thanks for your great interview at Classics Club. Here is my list: https://wordsandpeace.com/2016/01/01/the-classics-club-2016-2020/
    2 more years to finish it, but as you can see, I have the crazy tendency to read other classics, that are not part of my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive list! I, too, have read a couple classics since I started that were not on the list! I think I will add them onto the bottom like you have!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts