FREE Women of the Word Bible Study Starting SOON!





I have been nudged by God for so many years and I have been too afraid to do what He has asked of me.  Over the years the ideas have ebbed and flowed along with the changes in my life, but the core of the calling was always the same:  WRITE.  

He has planted the seed that I am to do a full year study on the Women of the Word.  Every month will focus on a different woman, and we will look in depth at who she was, what she did, where she lived, how her surroundings affected her, what was going on in history during her lifetime, her strengths and weaknesses, how God used her, what made her special, and most of all, what we can learn from her TODAY.  

I plan to post every Wednesday and Friday, starting January 4th, with Sarah.  I'll be honest - a lot of this is still up in the air!  I know I want to do free printable worksheets, scripture memorization, word studies, verse mapping, journaling pages, etc.  I am gathering a playlist of songs that represent each woman.  Books, documentaries, poetry, and songs that were written for each woman.  Famous artist's renderings.  How they've been represented over the years. 

Do you know when God gives you an idea and you run with it, and you have this huge excitement about the entire project?  That is how I feel about this.  Even if no one follows along - I know this is what I am supposed to do.  





Until I get things officially started on the 4th, I wanted to share some background on Sarah, below.  



THE FACTS


Sarah, born Sarai, A Mother of Nations

Art by Rebecca Gabriel



Where She Can Be Found in the Bible: There are 38 scriptures regarding Sarah in the Bible. There are 33 scriptures in the Old Testament (31 in Genesis, 1 in 1 Chronicles and 1 in Isaiah) and 5 in the New Testament (2 in Romans, 1 in Galatians, 1 in Hebrews and 1 in 1 Peter). 


What Makes Her Special: The most noted thing about Sarah is that she became pregnant at 90 years old. But this is not the only thing that makes her special!  We'll talk more about all the facets of her personality, strengths and blessings as we learn more about this amazing Biblical woman. 




What was Happening in History During Her Lifetime: It is written on the Bible Timeline that Sarah lived from 1986-1859 BC (127 years) This would put her in the 20th and 19th century b.c. 

  • Myceneans settle in Greece
  • The Amorite conquest of Ur
  • Egyptian Nubian War
  • Cacao is domesticated
  • Hittites conquer Babylon
  • Severe famine in Canaan



Bible Timeline: 


I hope you will join me in learning about these remarkable women in 2023!!  


Sherry




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts