Happy Homemaker Monday for June 14th, 2021

 

I am joining in with Sandra @ Diary of a SAHM


The weather::: 

I simply cannot complain.  The weather this last month has been beautiful.  Anywhere from mid-70's to low 90's.  Lots of sunshine.  I am blessed to have an amazing balcony that overlooks a park.  I sit out there nearly every day for 20-minutes to several hours.  It's my little piece of nature in the city.  
 
 
On my reading pile::: 

 I finished reading "The Blue Bistro" by Elin Hilderbrand - you can read my short review on Goodreads.

I'm currently reading "Gulf Coast Cottage" by Maggie Miller.  I'm feeling all the beach reads right now.  I'm almost done with this one.  It has really drawn me in and I'm glad there is an entire series! 



 
On my TV:::  

  •  Watching the K-Drama "Mouse" with my best friend in New Hampshire.  It's really an edge-of-your-seat thriller about serial killers.  It has a ton of twists and turns and is really amazing. 
  • Days of Our Lives
  • YouTube

On the menu for this week::: 

 From last week, Lemon Chicken and rice.  It was really yummy. 



Monday -   Armando's Detroit (best Mexican food!)
Tuesday -   Vegan stuffed shells 
Wednesday -  Roma's Italian Food for Jennah's birthday
Thursday -   Applebee's 
Friday -  Cooking out over bonfire - hotdogs and smores? 
 
 
On my to do list::: 

  • Water flowers
  • Dishes
  • Packing
  • WORK M-W
  • Pick up Jennah's bday cake
  • Wrap gifts
  •  Buy Father's Day card/bday card/card for Jeff's mom
 

Looking around the house::: 

 



From the camera::: 

  



 
Something fun to share::: 

Growing some veggies from scraps!  We've already trimmed the green onions once.  The romaine is so fun to watch! 
 



Also, my "harvest" of herbs from the balcony!  Lemon thyme, basil, cilantro, and oregano. 


 
On my prayer list::: 

  • My Sweetheart is having his 2nd hip surgery a week from today.  I'll be with him (he lives about 3 hours North of me currently - we went to high school together) for 11 days.  Last surgery he had a really tough time coming out of anesthesia.  It took 16 hours.  It was very scary.  I'll be praying that he comes out normally and naturally this time and won't need to be put on Bi-Pap. 
  • My Dad is still recovering from COVID.  (You can read all about our journey with COVID HERE
 
Bible verse, Devotional::: 

  • Jeff and I are still working out way through "The Battle Plan for Prayer" 
  • 100 Days to Brave
  • Reading the Book of Luke
  • Reading the Book of Kings 




Comments

  1. I'd love to have a balcony like yours. I love the growing veggies from scraps! I'll have to give that a try. Keeping your dad and your honey in my prayers for their recoveries. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun reading your blog. Sending positive vibes for your boyfriend and dad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts