Happy Homemaker Monday

 

Please join Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday HERE 
 
I'm sorry that I disappeared for the past several months.  I have had severe depression and stopped doing pretty much everything but working.  I am slowly getting back to the things I enjoy! 

The Weather:::
  
 
Monday - 75 and sunny - PERFECT 
Tuesday - 79 and sunny
Wednesday - 68 and sunny
Thursday - 73 and sunny
Friday - 77 and sunny 
Saturday - 83 and sunny
Sunday - 88 and sunny  

We deserve this amazing weather after having massive thunderstorms with flooding last week and 6 tornados touch down on Friday night leaving behind a trail of damage and five people dead.  


As I look outside my window:::

It's dark when I am writing this, but it was a gorgeous day.  Just the tips of the trees are starting to turn. 


Right now I am:::
Sitting with Jeff while he watches "Highway to Heaven" 

Thinking and pondering:::
So many things, not sure where to start


On my bedside table:::
Clutter.  My bookshelf/nightstand is really unorganized and needs to be straightened up.  Another bad side effect of depression. 


On my tv this week:::
Days of Our Lives
YouTube videos 
Dance Moms 
Sue Thomas, F.B. Eye


Listening to:::
I listened to a couple of podcasts this morning. The Hello Mornings podcast and Inside out with Courtnaye were my two favorites. 


On the lunch plate:::

 I had chickpea tikka masala with spiced carrots and bulgur

On the dinner plate:::
We drove Jennah to her class (she's not living with us but her class is closer to us so she is staying over Monday nights - 2 classes and she is done!)  And we decided to go the park by the river and then we had Wendy's for dinner. 
 

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Out
Tuesday - Homemade soup (lots of veggies that need to be used) with fresh bread
Wednesday - Some type of pasta
Thursday - Veggie Chili 
Friday - YOYO
Saturday - Falafel bowl 
Sunday - Pinto beans with "fried" potatoes (more like roasted in the oven) 
 
 
On my reading pile:::
I finished re-reading  "Find Me Unafraid" by Kennedy Odede and Jessica Posner
Now I'm reading "The Starfish Sisters" by Barbara O'Neal

On my to do list:::
  • Pick up cat's medicine at the vet
  • Mail pen pal letters at post office/buy stamps
  • Jeff doctor appt Friday (working 1/2 day) 
  • Eye doctor for me on Saturday 
  • Farmer's Market on Friday
  • Grocery shopping Saturday


What I am creating:::
Still working on the Women of the Word Bible study.  It will be another six months at least before it's finished.  But that is ok! 
 

My simple pleasure:::
   Sitting at the park and watching the river 


Looking around the house:::
Ugh that's all I have lol 


 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::


Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you've been dealing with depression. I'm glad you were able to post today - I really enjoyed reading your post and those meals for the week look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was wondering where you went. I'm so sorry depression found you. That's a tough thing to go through. Being near water is always soothing to me. Hope you have a good week and continue to get better! Glad you are back to posting on the Happy Homemaker Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((hugs)). Glad you are starting to feel better. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so so sorry to hear about your depression. I know that we all go through those times and I'm so glad you're coming back around. It's good to choose something like blogging that you enjoy to help pull you out of it! I'm glad to see you here, and I would love to do the Women of the Word study! I loved the book! I hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts