Happy Homemaker Monday

                                                                           


Please join Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday HERE 
 
Last Week and Life News:::
I don't have much to report from last week.  Work was ROUGH.  We have a major system down, making it very difficult on everyone. I did manage to cross the 30,000 words written mark for the month of November.  I'm on schedule to win Nanowrimo by the end of the month. 


The Weather:::
  Monday -  45 and cloudy
Tuesday - 47 and rainy
Wednesday - 44 and partly cloudy
Thursday - 50 and sunny
Friday -  40 and cloudy
Saturday - 40 and cloudy
Sunday - 39 and mostly cloudy


As I look outside my window:::

It's dark out as I am typing this up on Sunday night!  I never know if I will have the opportunity to blog during work. 


Right now I am:::
Just relaxing with Jeff.  He's watching some type of survival movie while I blog and write :) 

Thinking and pondering:::
Mostly about Thanksgiving and how busy this week will be and hoping I can handle the added stress.  Also about new goals for 2024 and what I have (and have NOT) accomplished in 2023. 


On my bedside table:::
My prayer Bible, my 5-year prayer journal, markers, pens, books, binders, extra reading glasses, headphones, and my sidekick, Dt. Dr. Pepper 


On my tv this week:::
Days of Our Lives (was just renewed for 2 more seasons! YAY) 
YouTube videos 
Christmas Movies (I watched 3 last week) 
War Updates


Listening to:::
I listened to Jeff's movie and the fan at the moment! 

Grocery Challenge:::
I don't want to talk about it!  (insert big laughing/crying face here)  As someone stated in my comments, this is a difficult time of year to do a grocery challenge! I probably spent around 150 -160 this week.  For the rest of the year, I will try to cut back (our regular is about $600/month but that doesn't even count when Jeff goes out and buys extra stuff - so honestly I don't even know)  This is a next year problem! HA! 
 

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Cheese tortellini and sausage soup (from last week) 
Tuesday - Jambalaya (been on the menu 2 weeks and haven't made it) 
Wednesday - Chicken tikka masala and rice with steamed broccoli 
Thursday -  Turkey, stuffing, and all the good stuff!  Jeff is making homemade bread, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and I'm making a no bake peanut butter pie! (Recipe below) 
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Turkey potpie with a side of extra veggies 
Sunday - C.O.R.N Soup 
 
 
On my reading pile:::
I did not do very much reading last week and I stepped away from the Giver of Stars to read a book written by one of the women from my writing group.  She writes in a similar genre to me and I must say, it is really good so far! 

"Finding Her Way" by Leah Banicki, a fellow Michigander.  It's about a young woman of means crossing the country by train, steamboat, and wagon trail to meet up with her father in Oregon. It's free for Kindle, so pick it up if you like historical fiction! 

Another woman from my writing group, Lori Dianni, just published a Christmas Novella She writes sweet contemporary romance.  This one is only 99 cents on Kindle. "A Song for Christmas" I plan on reading this one soon. 

On my to do list::
Monday  - Work, Jennah has class, writing group 8-10
Tuesday - Work
Wednesday - Taking my sister to doctor's appointments and going to Trader Joe's.  Writing group 6-8 if I'm home on time.
Thursday - Going to my Dad's to cook a big feast with Jeff. 
Friday - Work 830-130, writing group

What I am writing and/or Bible Journaling:::
I am about one chapter away from finishing "Christmas in Winnett, Montana"! It's very exciting but that's when the REAL work begins.  Editing, rewrites, etc. 

Looking around the house:::
I did some decluttering this past week and cleaned up a few areas, including the corner of my dining room that I listed to do last week.  

Something to share:::
This is one of my favorite YouTubers!  One of her recipes is the peanut butter pie I plan to make for Thanksgiving. 



 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::

Upcoming News::: 



Comments

  1. Just read your blog post. I love it.

    And I see everyone saying you all are very busy this month. Do you enjoy it? Thanksgiving etc. I'm so glad I never have to do groceries. I order online, and it's delivered to my door for free with a cute electric mini truck.

    I wish you lots of success and perseverance for the final stretch of your writing. You got this.

    Lots of Love out of The Netherlands,
    Aritha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes have groceries delivered to the house as well! I do love Thanksgiving. It's a lot of work cooking this giant feast but it's really about family. It makes my Dad so happy and so little makes him happy since my mom passed away. Plus, my fiance does a lot of the preparation and cooking too! Thank you for your kind comment, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. Sorry so late in visting but wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your writing is going great! My husband does that as well, will go buy extra stuff (usually junk so the kids are happy, ha.), it gets frustrating at times. I do think the grocery store challenge might be a good "next year" problem. And oh, I don't even want to look at my list I made at the beginning of the year of things I'd do. I know I didn't do most of them. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your post, just sorry I'm running so late! I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and your weekend has been great! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts