I am linking up with Mailbox Monday It's Monday! What Are You Reading? The Sunday Post @ caffeinatedbookreviewer WHAT DID I READ THIS WEEK: It was a pretty slow reading week actually. I only finished two books. I made it 1/2-way through a third book, but we'll talk about that one next week. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery 4***** and Porch Lights, by Dorothea Benton Frank 4.5 ****-1/2 I was so pleasantly surprised by "Porch Lights". The characters are FABULOUS. I wanted to be just like the mom character only 5% into the book! This story is about relationships. How family is important not just in hard times, but ALL the time. The setting is stunning too. The South Carolina Lowcountry. I want a whole series of books revolving around these characters! FAVORITE QUOTE FROM A BOOK I READ: Two this week....
I am linking up with Mailbox Monday It's Monday! What Are You Reading? The Sunday Post @ caffeinatedbookreviewer WHAT DID I READ THIS WEEK: I didn't finish anything this week, but I have been working on a few books. All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers This book was written by the host of the very popular True Crime Podcast, Crime Junkie. I borrowed this from my local library. Holiday Hope by Shanna Hatfield Shanna Hatfield is one of my favorite historical fiction writers. She writes westerns with incredible characters. I borrowed this on...
I am linking up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday The weather ..... We've had a few simply beautiful days in the upper 70s - lower 80s with blue skies and fluffy clouds. I've walked out of work and thought ..... wow! Now this is perfection! Right now I am .... Taking a break from hand-washing dishes. I really don't enjoy it! LOL But I have been watching the YouTube channel " Shelly's Home Life" and it makes cleaning more enjoyable! If you haven't watched her before, check her out. Great recipes, she does some planner-ing, grocery hauls, and clean-with-me types of videos. Thinking.... My mind is always racing. I'm always thinking about a whole mess of things. Right now I'm thinking about the changes that I have already made to my life and the goals I want to set up for September! Something fun or interesting that happened. .. I watched the entire movie ...
Our days are getting shorter :)
ReplyDeleteYeah ... so glad they're gone!
ReplyDeleteI wrote something similar for mine today. Nice Haiku.
ReplyDeletenice one... :)
ReplyDelete"green buds bursting overhead" - LOVELY line
ReplyDelete