Happy Homemaker Monday for July 11th, 2016

MONDAY JULY 11th, 2016 

Today I am linking with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday 



In the kitchen...On the menu this week::::

Sunday: Grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, cucumber salad & watermelon

Monday:  Baked chicken tacos with Spanish rice 

Tuesday:  One pot wonder tomato basil pasta  (my basil is growing like crazy outside!  This will help me to use some of it) 

Wednesday:  Dinner with family 

Friday:   Stromboli 

Saturday:  Dinner with family 

Sunday: Lentils with Brown Rice and Feta 


The weather outside is:::: It's been crazy.  Mid-90s, humid with crazy, wild thunderstorms or low 80s and sunny.  Yo-yo. 

On the breakfast plate this morning:::: No breakfast. 

As I look outside my window::: Sunny and pretty today. 

Right now I am:::: Still getting over a stomach virus. 

As I look around the house:::: There is always something to do. I never catch up completely. 

TO DO::::  
Grocery shopping
Vacuum and wash car 
Laundry X3
Sweep living room 
Read
Watch "Outlander" 
Water flowers
Plant new flowers
Refill bird feeders 
Manicure 

Currently reading:::: I've been reading the Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin.  Also re-reading Gone with the Wind. 

On the TV today:::: Charmed, Outlander, The Dead Files. 

I am thinking.. that I am tired!

I am thankful...for my family.

One of my favorite things...my air conditioner!  LOL 

I am wearing...Jean capris, a black tank top and a black and white t-shirt. 

I am learning... that it is hard to be the mean mom - but sometimes it is a necessity. 

In the schoolroom... Still light summer schedule.  We will start 11th grade next month! 

In the garden... Lost one plant this week - bought 3 more!  lol  As much as I watered it - just wasn't enough I guess.  

A moment from my day... Paying for groceries - the young man cashier told me MUCH more than I ever needed to know about the Gem and the Holograms movie! 

Favorite blog posts or pins from this week::: 


Favorite picture from the camera: 


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
Wow.  Everyone needs prayer.  We Christians have GOT to work together because our nation OUR NATION - is falling apart.  If we don't do something - and SOON - the downhill slide of our country will just snowball until it is completely unrecognizable as the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.  


Also linking with Menu Plan Monday @ 

Comments

  1. I'm right there with you! It's been a gardening day here, too! What are you planting? I lost my basil, so I am starting over with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly just flowers - I planted some snapdragons and petunias last week. I also have an herb garden with basil, cilantro, parsley, oregano, and rosemary. :)

      Delete
  2. I hear ya this world need Prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts