Happy Homemaker Monday: HAPPY AUTUMN!!!!!

Photo from Momy's Musings


I am linking up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods..... It is beautiful and perfect and fall-like and I LOVE it!!!!  Yesterday and today waking up to 49 degrees!  Upper 60s and low 70s. Best, Weather. Ever! 

Right now I am.... Hanging out with my windows open, sunshine spilling through.  I have my pumpkin spice candles and wax melts going.  The cats are chilling and I'm deciding what I want for breakfast. 

Thinking about.... Last week I shared a picture of the rescue cat we took in, Jane Austen.  The past couple of days she has been coughing.  At first I thought she was just coughing up hairballs - but now I realize that she is either sick or has asthma or allergies or something.  We planned to take her to the vet anyway because we are not sure how old she is.  Hopefull,y it's nothing serious. 

On the blog last week..... Mostly book stuff.  I reviewed two books that I LOVED!  I was very blessed with two stories that were amazing and wonderful.  5 stars for The Storyteller's Secret and 5++++ for The Great Alone!  

On my reading pile.... You can read everything book-related in my The Monday Book Report post each week.  I am reading Nora Robert's Stars of Fortune and I just picked up the LARGE PRINT COPY (lol-ing at how excited I got that I could read the book without the aid of cheaters!)  of Joanne Bischof's "Sons of Blackbird Mountain".  I am hoping to get started on that one today. 

On my TV..... I will be embarrassed at my list next week - already warning you.  New fall season!  
Youtube
Days of Our Lives
Yount & Restless
The Mayans 


On the menu for this week....  


Breakfasts:  Going to make some healthy breakfast burritos 
Lunches:  Leftovers and Tex Mex Cabbage Casserole (I'm swapping out 99% ff ground turkey for the chicken)  

Sunday - One of my new favorites, the Skinnyish Dish's cheeseburger pasta it is sinfully delicious and 8 Weight Watchers points for a good-size serving. 



Monday - Thin crust pizza (there is a low-point thin crust sold at Dollar Tree! 1/2 the crust is only 6 WW points)

Tuesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Ground turkey gyros with homemade tzatziki and Greek rice

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Dinner with family & game night: My sister's choice 


Best recipe of last week...... I made some WW-friendly grilled bbq center-cut bacon chicken sandwiches on a brioche bun.  Yum! 

New recipe I want to try...... The Skinnyish Dish (love her recipes) Cheesy Italian Rice Skillet 




On my to do list.... 
Sunday: Bible study, update blog, cleaning, cooking, laundry, dishes, read, at-home movie, etc. 
Monday: Work, take foster cat to the vet, take sister to the farm market, pick up other sister from work
Tuesday: Work, pick up car from shop, read, Bible study, new fall t.v.! 
Wednesday: Work, read, Bible study
Thursday: Work, read, Bible study
Friday: Work, pay rent, read, Bible study 
Saturday: Take Emily driving, take sister to the farm market, take girls to the library, cook dinner at Dad's, family game night 

In my planners....





Looking forward to this week.... Embarrassed to admit - BUT!  I am so darn excited for fall t.v. to start!  I admit, I watch too much t.v., but I multi-task. I work in my planners, write letters, blog, cook, clean, etc. while a lot of the shows are on.  Here are the ones I am most looking forward to: 

  • NEW SHOW:  New Amsterdam
  • All 3 Chicago shows 
  • Empire
  • Star
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • SWAT
  • Criminal Minds (not til the following week) 

From my camera:  




Looking around the house.... Lots to do!  I better get going.....

Seasonal Living..... Fall is my favorite time to decorate.  I love the reds, oranges, yellows, burgandies, dark greens.  I have a wreath on my front door, colored glass bottles in my kitchen windows and autumn dish towels and oven pads, a wreath on the pantry door, pumpkin spice and apple pie wax melts all over the house, fall leaves adorning candle holders, etc.  LOVE! 

Bible Study..... I'm doing Good Morning Girl's Ruth study - week 3. It's really good! 


Mr. Beatnik enjoying the perfect weather



Comments

  1. Glad I'm not the only one excited for the new fall TV season. Don't worry you are not alone. I'm looking forward to The Voice and (can't remember the name) the missing airplane show after it. Plus I'm also a bit intrigued by New Amsterdam. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I'm gonna have to look for this dollar tree pizza crust you speak of! I hope to decorate for fall this year, I usually keep my summer decor up until Christmas lol, so its something on my bucket list! I love your menu plan... looks yummy and healthy! And I hope you get good news about Jane Austen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect weather, pumpkin spice candles, windows open, sunshine streaming in...sounds like a dream come true! Enjoy it! Blessings for a great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too watch too much tv! but I also multi-task, mostly knitting at the same time.
    didn't know they had pizza crust at the dollarstore - will look that up next time I go. Your menu looks amazing.
    Have a great Fall week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts