Happy Homemaker Monday for August 3rd, 2020






I am linking up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday

It's been several months since I last posted.  COVID has made my anxiety/depression pretty uncontrollable, but I am trying to pull out of it. 

♥♥The Weather♥♥  
Our weather in Michigan has cooled off quite a bit.  This week will be upper 70s and lower 80s.  Some rain and possibly even some thunderstorms. 

♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
I've been off for 4 days and would like another 4 days! 

    


♥♥On my mind♥♥
So much.  I overthink every single detail - which leads to worse anxiety and depression.  So I've been numbing my mind - also not good - with t.v. and reading.    

♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
Overnight oats w/ Vanilla Greek yogurt and pineapple topped with shredded coconut. 

♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
Just finished "If I Had Your Face" by Frances Cha.  It was a part of my work book club.  The author joined us from South Korea, it was very cool!  

I think I am going to start "One for the Black Bird, One for the Crow" 

♥♥On my tv♥♥
RE-binge watching Dance Moms
Binge watching Chicago PD
Homemaking Vlogs
Love Cuisine (A Tawainese drama that I am watching with my bestie in NH.  We watch 4-5 times a week and text while watching) 

On my TO DO list this week
1. Walmart pick-up (Ibotta Deals) 
2. Drop off dad's laundry 
3. Stop by CVS for prescription and coupon/extra bucks deals
4. Sign up for virtual volunteer work at Gutenburg.org or the Smithsonian.  Both of them need transcription and editing work.  My work will pay you for one day of volunteer work - so I want to get that figured out. 
5. Try and find the outdoor pet playyard at Aldi!  It's 19.99 and collapsable - but i could take one of my cats out on the porch with me <3 

♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

MONDAY through TH are all from Dinnerly.  

Monday - Teriyaki beef and broccoli over rice
Tuesday - Shrimp Souvlaki Pita with cucumber/feta/tomato salad 
Wednesday - Pork Ragu with Oreciette and green beams 
Thursday -  Spice rubbed pork tenderloin with corn and potatoes
Friday -   OUT - probably pizza

SAT and SUN meals courtesy of e-meals 

Saturday - BBQ Beef Crescent Ring
Sunday - Chicken, bacon, roasted corn salad wraps 


Looking around the house♥♥
My backyard is a jungle.  *sigh*  I hate to use heavy duty weed killer as I have small children on either side of me and we only have chain link fence.  There are also pets.  Most likely it will just have to be chain sawed down AGAIN.  My grass is cut and neat but the weeds!  They always get out of control by August.  


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
Read, watch t.v., read blogs.  HOPEFULLY weather permitting get out on my back porch to watch the birds and write.        

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
My son was working closely with a man who was diagnosed with COVID last week.  So far he has no symptoms, but I just hope he is also not a carrier.  Also a local baby girl named Valentina.  She is just over a year old and has never gone home from the hospital.  She has had multiple surgeries and procedures and sometimes cannot breathe on her own - but she's a fighter and she has stolen my heart.  

♥♥Devotional/Bible Verse♥♥

I am re-reading Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer and I purchased the study book too.  This anxiety and depression has really kicked my butt.  I need an extra SOmethING to push me in the right direction.  

Comments

Popular Posts