Happy Homemaker Monday

 

Good morning ladies and happy Monday! I am hoping that everyone had a very blessed and fulfilling weekend! 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
We had a couple of very cold days, but nowhere near as bad as it was on the East Coast. Now we are back to that gross 40-degree area with Thursday topping out in the mid-50s. BLAH. 
 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  They are cleaning up from the hockey festivities across the street from us in the park.  I have a love/hate relationship with the hockey.  I love hearing them play, love hockey itself, love the music and the enthusiasm.  I HATE the parking issues it causes. 
 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I just finished up my a.m. routine with a shower and changed into fresh pajamas as I am not leaving the house today for anything!  I took the day off of work because I have just been feeling under the weather lately. 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
Thinking a lot about my Mom.  Saturday was the 6th anniversary of her death.  I can't believe it has been that long.  I still miss her every single day and I hate that she is gone. 

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
I switched out my rolling cart next to my bed for a small bookshelf!  I needed more room lol.  I have my trusty fan and a tumbler full of Diet Dr. Pepper.  My books and journals and planners at hand.  A shelf just for pens and goodies.  And a bottom shelf with extra books and a basket of stickers! 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Meh.  Physically I am feeling ot great.  Headache lingering.  My feet and ankles have been swelling.  Mentally, emotionally and spiritually I am good. 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Jeff make my breakfast in the kitchen! Cars driving too fast down the street.  The rest is quiet. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Avocado toast with overhard egg, feta and hot sauce.  YUM.  My current favorite! 
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
  Leftover stuffed cabbage soup (which everyone raved about - so glad my dad liked it!) 
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 Roast chicken, stuffing, potatoes, green beans, gravy 

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
PJs with hearts all over them LOL
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

As I mentioned, I will be reading "War and Peace" for an entire year.  Still loving it!  Reading "Atomic Habits" 

Short stories by Ray Bradbury, Maya Angelou and Edgar Allen Poe
Poems by Mary Olliver, Jill Scott

♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
YouTube videos
Jeff and I usually watch a few thriller/horror movies weekly (he is obsessed) 
Days of Our Lives (of course) 
New Criminal Minds
1923

♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥

Monday - Roast chicken, potatoes, stuffing, green beans
Tuesday - (Dad's for game night) Lil' smokies, potato wedges, coleslaw
Wednesday - Haluski noodles with Smoked sausage
Thursday -   Rice and beans with cornbread
Friday - Spaghetti
Saturday - Tacos or burritos or nachos 
Sunday - C.O.R.N. soup and bread


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I've been doing some rearranging.  It has been really slow - but we are getting there.  I have a crafting/study corner.  My rolltop desk, my rolling cart with some new pretty baskets I picked up. I have a memory board above it with a picture of Rahab (woman of the Bible I am writing about this month) I have bookends with the books I use to study every morning - my Bible, devotional, prayer journal, my self-love journal, and a few other things.  Lots of crafting supplies! 
 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Morning routine and then: Nothing. Staying home in pjs!  I do have writing classes though. 
Tuesday: Lab, work, Uno night at Dad's. 
Wednesday - Morning Routine, Work, writing class, Bible study 
Thursday -   3 doctor's appointments to start bariatric surgery path
Friday - Morning routine, work, writing classes
Saturday - Errands
Sunday - Meal plan day

♥♥ From the camera ♥♥



♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
Working on the Bible study of Rahab. Pinning things for the study. Studying writing. 

♥♥Praying for♥♥
My best friend.  She is going through a lot. 
My Goddaughter - she and her husband were chased at over 100 mph and shot at! They are ok but are still shaken up and scared this person could find them. 
My Dad. He's depressed, overwhelmed. His business is not doing well and finances are tough. 

♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥

I've been reading Jesus Listening each morning. 




Comments

  1. Hope you start to feel better very soon! That's very scary about your goddaughter and her husband, glad they were okay. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better. I like the bookshelf as a nightstand. Hoping your dad & friend get better. Yikes! that is scary for your goddaughter - glad everyone is ok. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts