Women of the Word February: Rahab #3: Rahab's Playlist

I decided to make the playlist separate this time.  These are songs that I feel represent the many different sides of Rahab.  Let me know if you can think of any other songs that would work for her!  

These are songs of battles, courage, faith, beauty and change. I do realize that some of these songs are about Jesus and this was before the time of Jesus - but really - WAS there ever a time without Jesus?  Nope! 

You can find the entire playlist on Spotify right HERE! If you don't have Spotify, please find all of the songs below from YouTube. 

FIRST TIME I'VE HEARD THIS SONG - IN MY MIND - 

THIS IS RAHAB'S THEME SONG!!!!! 

There is a New Name Written Down in Glory by Charity Gayle

"I was lost in shame
Could not get past my blame
Until He called my name
I'm so glad He changed me"

                             I've Got Joy - CeCe Winan

"I've got joy in the struggle

I've got peace in the storm

I've got strength in the battle

I don't fear anymore

I'm a child of heaven"

I love those two songs above to represent Rahab!  She KNEW what was coming!  The destruction, the battle.  But she had JOY in the struggle!  PEACE in that storm! AMEN! 
 

That's the Power by Hillsong Worship

"There's a name that levels mountains
And carves out highways through the sea
And I've seen its power unravel battles
Right in front of me"


WHO YOU SAY I AM BY HILLSONG



Reckless Love by Cory Asbury

"There's no shadow You won't light up
Mountain You won't climb up
Coming after me
There's no wall You won't kick down
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me"



Graves into Gardens - Elevation Worship


Run to the Father - Cody Asbury 

"I've carried a burden
For too long on my own
I wasn't created
To bear it alone
I hear Your invitation
To let it all go
Yeah, I see it now
I'm laying it down
And I know that I need You"







Battle Belongs - Phil Wickham

"Almighty fortress, You go before us
Nothing can stand against the power of our God
You shine in the shadow, You win every battle
Nothing can stand against the power of our God"


                       God is in this Story by Katy Nichole

"There's torn up pages in this book
Words that tell me I'm no good
Chapters that defined me for so long
But the hands of grace and endless love
Dusted off and picked me up
Told my heart that hope is never gone"

This is one of my very favorite worship songs.  So beautiful and touching. 

                          It is Well by Kristene DiMarco

"Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea"


Finally, this is a special song that was written for Rahab.

Rahab by Rhona Louise



"Rahab left a legacy
of imperfect humanity
and in her inadequacies
She sought out
She sought out
In need of a Savior"

I truly hope that you have enjoyed this playlist for Rahab.  I enjoyed making it! 



Comments

Popular Posts