Happy Homemaker Monday




It's been a really tough week.  Really tough. It's regarding my son who moved back in with me. It's not going well. I don't feel like talking more about it at the moment though. I am trusting in God and finding peace through my relationship with Him. Emily and I took our senior cat, Mr. Beatnik, to the emergency vet last week. His injured paw took a turn for the worse.  He did NOT do well at the vet.  We have to drug him up before we take him back next time! 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
 We are having a heavy rain/freezing rain/snow mix right now.  VERY windy!  Our crazy weather continues with one day this week at almost 60 degrees and snow on Friday.  

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
 Ugly, barren. Wind blowing the tree and my birdfeeder outside the window. Gray skies. A whole lot of blah and some meh.   

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
 I am working, taking a little break here and there to type this up. 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
Emily just got her first job!  She'll be working at a Coney Island inside the Airport.  She has excruciating anxiety and has been pushing through it lately and I am so proud of her.  Within a year I will have a complete empty nest! I'm excited for the next part of my life, but another part of me would like to keep my kids home with me forever. I'm sure most mothers go through the same thing. 

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
My junkjournals, my writing books, Kindle, laptop, water or Diet Dr. Pepper, lots of books, journals, notesbooks and pens. My phone. Earbuds, reading light. Stickers. 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Honestly, I've been feeling a bit down and anxious. I'm not good with change and there has been a whole lot of it going on lately. 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Firetruck siren going back.  The First 48 on my Kindle, my daughter speaking to our injured cat, him clacking down the hallway, someone closing a door, my son typing. 

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
   Leftover burrito from the taco truck and some rice 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
Chicken strips, oven fries and a Side of steamed broccoli.

♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
 My usual, a rock and roll t-shirt and yoga pants *shrug*
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

I finally read "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.  A Classic Novella about madness.  

DIY MFA 
Atomic Habits
The Writer's Journey

♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

Days of Our Lives
YouTube
Rewatching Arrow with my Fiancé 
The First 48 or Forensic Files for background noise 

♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥
 
Monday - Chicken strips, oven fries and a Side of steamed broccoli.
Tuesday - Dad's house for Uno night.  Pizza 
Wednesday - Dirty Rice
Thursday -   Going to an Arabic restaurant. Most likely will have Shish Tawook (chicken) with rice and fattoush (salad). 
Friday - No idea


♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Work, Going out to dinner with one of my best friends. 
Tuesday - Work, Game night at Dad's house.
Wednesday - Work, Secretary of State to register car. 
Thursday -  Work
Friday - Work
Saturday - 
Sunday - 


♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
This is Mr. Beatnik at the vet. He's a scared boy.



Ollie Bear


These cuties would be my bestest friend's granddaughters.  Addy on the left and Cora on the right. They were having a girls' sleepover this weekend! 

♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
*Doing some Bible journaling, although I am far from an artist.  But I enjoy it. 
*Working on the last of the February Rahab study and planning for the March Mary       Magdalene study. 



My Women of the Word Junk Journal


♥♥Praying for♥♥
 *My kids. I've never felt so much angst, torment, and fear over their immediate futures as I do right now. Jennah is moving in with her best friend in about 3 weeks.  Emily has been applying to jobs everywhere and went on an interview last week for a job she really wants.  And Jake is just shattering my mama heart right now. 
*I can't narrow it down but to say our World. SO much devastation. Fear of nuclear war. Plane crashes, sinking ships, earthquakes, murders.  

♥♥ Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥



Comments

  1. Praying for you and your family to find some peace. I know it's so hard when it involves our kids. Hope you have a calmer rest of your week and that your little cat feels better as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts