Happy Homemaker Monday

  

Join us over at Sandra's for Happy Homemaker Monday! 


♥♥ The Weather ♥♥  

We are still having that crazy up and down weather that we have had all winter.  We were 64 one day and it was snowing the next.  53 and sunny as I write this but later this week 20s and snow.  C'mon spring! 

 
♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥

As I mentioned, we are sunny out with blue skies.  I can see the hockey rink across the street - not sure if they are on ice skates or roller at this point.  I know they do cool the rink, so who knows.  I also see kids out on the playground and one little girl on a skateboard.  Traffic, bare trees, and the omnipresent orange and white cones.  The state bird, I believe.  

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 

My son got a job.  Thank you, JESUS! He is welding for a fabrication company and starts Tuesday.  I am helping him to buy a car.  He will be paying me back since he'll be making the big bucks. Again, thank you LORD because my Dad's friend has a car for sale that has low mileage, new transmission, new tires and breaks and it is a STEAL. 

Jennah is moving out next month.  Jake should be out by late summer.  I am thinking we should stay in Detroit until Jake is on his feet.  Then I just have my little ball of anxiety, Emily. She is slowly getting job applications out there.  She is going to start shadowing my friend Jeanette who has been doing hair for over 30 years. 

I received a bonus and a raise at work. My boss was really good to me and gave me a very high score which increased my bonus and raise this year. I have worked really hard! I'm really appreciative too.  Things in life have been tumultuous for a lot of years and even though not everything is figured out yet - I have God's hands on my life and blessings everywhere.  And I am so thankful! 

♥♥ Listening to ♥♥ 

I can hear the traffic, of course. Jacob typing in his room, Jeff watching Valhalla in the bedroom. Windchimes tinkling and the wind blowing. The hockey thingie that sounds ad the end of a period just went off too.  Buzzer? Timer? 

♥♥ How I am feeling ♥♥ 

Not too bad. Last week at work was very stressful.  I have ONE agency that stresses me out - and they were on a rampage last week. Now I get it, we make mistakes. BUT, unlike other companies, we try really really hard to make them right. Especially on my team. (I'm not just saying that - we really do go above and beyond) But she is one of those scream at you now and apologize later.  She ended up sending me three emails telling me how amazing I am and how thankful she is that I am their representative. Honestly though?  I'd prefer she treated me like a human being from the get-go. 

♥♥ On my reading pile ♥

Reading? What's that?  😭 
Read a little bit of War and Peace. 
Couple chapters of Atomic Habits by James Clear. 
One chapter of DIY MFA. 
A few poems. 

I know that sounds like I did some reading - but no. That is just a bit here and there.  It's not REAL reading. And I miss it and I need to make it a priority. Too much joy there to let it slip through my fingers! 

 ♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

Days of Our Lives
YouTube
Forensic Files

♥♥ On the menu ♥♥

Sunday -   Steak, potatoes, corn and salad
Monday - Pizza 
Tuesday -   Dad's house - unsure what we are doing
Wednesday -  Pork tenderloin - either going to slow cook with potatoes, carrots and cabbage (since we have an abundance of those) or make carnitas because that sounds good! 
Thursday -   Cajun red beans and rice with cornbread
Friday -  Chili or something else utilitzing C.O.R.N.
 
 
♥♥ To do list ♥♥

Today I am relaxing (it's Sunday when I am starting this) 
  • Secretary of State
  • Writing classes
  • Bible study
  • READ
  • Errands
  • Post office
 
♥♥Writing/Journaling/Creating ♥♥
  • I did a 2-hour live "Journal with Me" with Abiding Kelseyleigh on YouTube yesterday.  I finished 3 pages in my junk journal. 
  • I'm working on my "glue book" for my writing class. I decided to do one for my Women of the Word Bible study too. 
  • I've been doing journaling pages in my Bible a few days a week during my Morning Routine as well. 
 
 
♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
Honestly, there is decluttering that needs to be done but I am just too tired.  You know when you have a long weekend and you think you are going to get so much done but you are so darn tired you end up not getting anything done?  Yes.  I'm there. 
 
 
 
♥♥Prayer List ♥♥
  • Poor Turkey.  They had 6.9 and 5.8 aftershocks today. That type of devastation and horror is unimaginable. 
  • Our country as a whole. Every week it gets more terrifying. 
  • That my son's new job will go well and he will be employed there for a very long time! 
  • My Dad. He is always under so much stress.  He's almost 80. He should be at home relaxing and doing his crossword puzzles.  Instead he's running a business and fixing everyone's problems!
 
 
♥♥ Today's Devotional/Bible Verse ♥♥

Comments

  1. Congratulations to your son on getting a job, sounds like it's going to be great for him. Sorry your work's been so stressful, that's always tough. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am popping over from Happy Homemaker Monday to visit for a bit. Your blog is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your every day life, I love getting ideas and sharing our lives. ~jackiesee~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like alot of good news! congrats on your son's job, bonus and raise at work. Have another great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Friend! Congrats to your son! And to you on your bonus. How wonderful! God is good. And you folks work hard. 💗 Crazy weather up this way too. I don't think Spring will ever come. Lol Prayers for your prayer list and love your devotional. 🙏 xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts