Be Strong and Pray




This week has been filled with opportunities to be there for people I care about.  It started when one of my closest friends lost her father over the weekend.  He has been on hospice and the family knew that it wouldn't be long, but that doesn't mean that they are not mourning with hearts full of hurt and loss.  The viewing and funeral were sad but lovely events, full of heartfelt memories of a great father and husband and teary-eyed hugs and comforting hand squeezes.  I love my friend and it hurts me to see her suffering such a significant loss and being so helpless to relieve any of her pain.  She and her sisters, and especially her mother, are being strong, brave women.  My prayer for them is to know the comfort of their Savior in this time. 


After the funeral, I went to check on a friend who wasn't feeling well.  I could tell immediately that this was more serious than just being under the weather.  She was pale, listless, feverish, speaking with few words and breathing shallow, small breaths.  I told her I couldn't just leave her like that.  She wasn't able to make it to the car, being short of breath and dizzy.  I dialed 911.  She is recovering in the hospital from strep throat and pneumonia. My prayer for her is a full recovery with God's grace.  


My Dad fell and broke his radial head (elbow).  He is a very proud man and planned just to let it go and deal with the pain.  I talked him into seeing an orthopedic surgeon.  I offered to go with him, and being completely independent (aka stubborn) said he didn't need anyone to go with him.  Well, I DID go with him!  Generally Mason II type fractures need surgery.  Praise Jesus, not only does he NOT need surgery, but the bone is already healing well on its own.  No cast. Just some physical therapy exercises he can do himself at home.  A true blessing!  My prayer for him is that he will come to the Lord. 

Now my Henry - ( side note - we are "courting" - I feel too old to call him my boyfriend, and he has made it clear he is courting me for marriage - and I love him!)  Well, Henry was having some difficulties this week and was in excruciating pain.  Pain is a regularity in his life with the health issue that he has (for his privacy I will not share details, but it is not life threatening, although a chronic and painful condition) He does not complain.  He, like my dad, is a strong and independent (yes, STUBBORN) man.  So when he tells me he is hurting, I know it must be bad.  My prayer for him is complete healing, if this is God's will for him.  If it is not God's will, then I pray for him to continue to have the strength to endure this hardship with God's comfort and mercy. 

 Other things that have gone on this week - my son's car broke down.  I'm so thankful that he was not injured and was able to get the car towed. 

Two of my good friends who are in Alaska doing God's work also need some WORK WORK!  If you would be so kind as to pray that he will find work so that they can continue with their calling with this Alaskan church, I would be much appreciative! 

Big news ....  I am getting a new (to me) car!  My current 2002 Ford Escape is running entirely on prayer right now!  The Lord starts it up every morning and gets me where I need to go.  I have been blessed beyond measure with a Jeep Grand Cherokee!  It is in good running order with a new transmission, tires and rear end (not sure what that means, but i'm sure it's a good thing).  This payday I will get it registered, insured and plated.  This brings me so much relief and joy! 

I have so much more to say but this blog has already been quite long.  I don't think anyone will even read it, but that is ok, as I am following God's instructions!  

Have a very blessed weekend!

Sherry 

Comments

Popular Posts