Back to the Classics Challenge 2020


I just found out about the Back to the Classics Challenge hosted by Books and Chocolate .  If you'd like to join, click the link above by the end of March to sign up! You can also read the rules and descriptions of each category.

I have been SO BAD about reading the classics for the past year-and-a-half!  I think this challenge will get me back to crossing books off of my master list for the Classics Club!

Below are the different categories and my book choices for each one.  I am reserving the right to change my mind at any given point! 



1. 19th Century Classic. Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy 1891

2. 20th Century Classic. Katherine by Anya Seton 1954

3. Classic by a Woman Author. Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson 1945

4. Classic in Translation. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy 1878

5. Classic by a Person of Color. 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez 1967

6. A Genre Classic. The Time Machine by HG Wells 1895

7. Classic with a Person's Name in the Title. Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset 1920

8. Classic with a Place in the Title. Rilla of Ingleside LM Montgomery 1921

9. Classic with Nature in the Title. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith 1943

10. Classic About a Family. Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss 1812

11. Abandoned Classic. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens 1861

12. Classic Adaptation. The Call of the Wild Jack London 1903

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts