Happy Homemaker Monday for February 17th, 2020


I am linking up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday

Hello!  Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope Sandra doesn't mind that I 'borrowed' her very cute hearts & fonts for HHM! 


♥♥The Weather♥♥
We are having our same mild winter weather most of the week here in the Detroit area.  Wednesday and Thursday look a little chilly, but we'll be up to the mid-40's by the end of the week.  Also, SUN! 


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
It's a good day 😃    I didn't realize until Friday that I was getting Monday off for President's Day!  Such a nice surprise.  I'm just spending the day cleaning, relaxing, watching some shows, reading, and typing up a couple of blogs. 

♥♥On my mind♥♥
I should be getting the results to my two tests today or tomorrow.     I am really anxious to see if one of them give me answers for my right leg extreme pain and intermittent weakness.  Also, one of my very best friends had a chest CT to check on some lung nodules.  She is a smoker, so she is very worried about the results.  Asking for prayers for a clean scan! 


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
I had a "hash" - roasted potatoes, turkey bacon, and scrambled eggs mixed together and topped with hot sauce (of course!)

♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
I am just finishing "The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek" and it is SO good! The descriptions of the Kentucky mountains, the people, and their lives is so beautifully done.  If you enjoy historical fiction, this one is a must read.


Next up I'll either be reading The Ten Thousand Doors of January for the Modern Mrs. Darcy book club - or Sea of Memories by Fiona Valpy.

♥♥On my tv♥♥
Re-bingewatching (for the 3rd time?)  Criminal Minds
YouTube videos
The Fosters
Call the Midwives (Just in season 1)

♥♥On the menu this week♥♥
I may have mentioned last week - but I am trying to eat less meat.  Some days I will eat none - some days at one meal (i.e. this week I have turkey bacon in my breakfast hash)  I am hoping to phase out beef, chicken, pork, and turkey MOST of the time.  I supposed I will end up being what you call a Flexitarian (A semi-vegetarian diet, also called a flexitarian diet, is one that is centered around plant foods and with the occasional inclusion of meat. In 2003, the American Dialect Society voted flexitarian as the year's most useful word.) I have no plans to discontinue fish, seafood, or dairy.  


Monday - Homemade refried bean* burritoes with guacamole and cilantro lime rice 
Tuesday - Curry lentil stew* with couscous
Wednesday - Taco bowls* over leftover cilantro lime rice w/ greens, black beans and corn, and meatless taco meat 
Thursday -  Out to dinner with my friend to MOD pizza (my favorite is feta, spinach, red onion, Greek olives, roasted garlic, oregano, and pesto YUM) 
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Mediterranean Buddha Bowl (falafel, feta, hummus, greens w/ a lemon juice and olive oil dressing over farro) 
Sunday - Family dinner over dad's house - unsure if we will cook or order out 


*I am trying to use up what we have in the fridge. I made a pot of Great Northern beans, I'm using them with some reduced mixed peppers that I picked up at the Farmer's market (cubanelles, jalapenos, poblano) garlic, onions, and spices.  The lentil stew will use up the rest of a bag of green lentils that I have, all the veggies that are left from last week - celery, potato, carrots, cauliflower.  Add in some veggie broth, fire roasted tomatoes, curry spices - hope it is good!  AND I got some fake meat crumbles and 'ground' 1/2 off with the Ibotta app. Just going to mix one with taco seasoning. 


♥♥From the camera♥♥
 This is Sammy.  He's been in love with me lately.  This is him sitting in between me and my keyboard during work!  lol  He is next to me right now too.  He's my stalker kitty!

This is a picture of my grandfather's necklace.  I've kept it in my car for years.  Helps to keep my safe when I'm driving!

♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
I have done about 4 loads of laundry so far today.  I have one more load of my dark clothes and I want to wash my heavy blankets.  I have a few dishes to do from meal prep I did this morning.  Tomorrow I am focusing on the floors and the bathroom.

♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
Dishes are always my least favorite chore!

♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
 Read of course!        

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
 The President, our country, and our world!  It is overwhelming when you start paying attention to all of the horrible things that are happening all over.  

♥♥Devotional/Bible Verse♥♥




Comments

  1. Prayers you get some answers for your leg pain and that your friend gets a clean scan. Cute kitty. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so nice to get a surprise of having a day off!! Love the kitty pic! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your blog and hope you get some answers on the leg pain. Am praying over that and your friend's lung scan. Cute cat, lovely necklace, and great inspiration. Blessings for a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts