Blogmas #26 - Happy Homemaker Monday

                                                                          




Please join Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday HERE 
 
Last Week and Life News:::
Christmas was bittersweet. There were beautiful moments as well as hurtful moments. Everyone loved their gifts and my father said it was one of the best Christmas dinners he ever had.  My daughter visited from NH - but I couldn't help but feel like she didn't want to be here and it tears me apart that she would rather be with another family than her own. HOWEVER - she is doing well and I am happy about that.  

Moving on - I have my word of the year for next year - Cultivate.  More on that in another post! 

I also have my theme for the year! Read Your Bible More in 2024!  I did fairly well last year - but I want to do even better next year!  I seem to do better with a reading plan and I have it down to two different plans that I still need to choose between, The Bible Recap and How to Faith A Life's Grace Bible Reading Plan.  I did the latter for the last 3 months and it's been great - but I have a book of questions for The Bible Recap, there are videos and FB groups, etc.  


The Weather::: Do you know it was nearly 60 yesterday?  In Detroit?  On Christmas?  
 Monday -  56, foggy, rainy, humid AWFUL
Tuesday - 55 and cloudy YUCK
Wednesday - 48 party sunny
Thursday - 45 and rain
Friday -  44 rain
Saturday - 41 partly sunny
Sunday - 39 cloudy


As I look outside my window:::

There is a grackle in the bare tree outside of my window singing.  They are not my favorite bird by a long shot - but I still love birds.  


Right now I am:::
Working.  It was so busy all of last week and I just kept wondering when it would slow down!  I hope this week will give us a little grace! 

Thinking and pondering:::
Thinking about 2024 and what I want to accomplish.  I changed my life last year and I want to continue to do so this year.  I now have a small exercise area - I have an exercise bike, weights, yoga stuff, and one of those funny hula hoop thingies.  My work also offers stretching and yoga breaks - I want to start doing those too. 


On my bedside table:::
I still haven't decided if I want to get rid of my small bookshelf and put it in my study.  It is just a catch-all.  


On my tv this week:::
Days of Our Lives
YouTube videos 
JUST started Poldark

Listening to:::
I listened to Christmas music - need to find some new music to love ! 

Grocery Challenge:::
We are starting our Grocery challenge January 3rd.  I'll share my shopping list once I make it! 
 

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Ham, turkey breast, homemade mac n cheese and baked beans, green beans, roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots. deviled egg and fresh baked bread. 
Tuesday - Leftover mac n cheese with ham and broccoli 
Wednesday - Turkey pot pie 
Thursday -  Pasta with homemade fresh tomato sauce, green beans
Friday - Pot of beans using the hambone along with cornbread 
Saturday - Bean and rice burritos 
Sunday - NYE - Not sure yet (we are staying home) 
 
 
On my reading pile:::
I am still reading The Canary Girls and Tale of Two Cities

On my to do list:::
  • Take Emily to airport (done) 
  • Vet for Beatnik
  • Finish Christmas clean up (boxes to be broken down and big bag of wrapping paper to go out to garbage) 
  • Put away Christmas -  reminds me of Emily and makes me sad 
  • Work T-F
  • Writing Group - Unsure of holiday schedule atm
  • Plan for January/2024 

 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::



Comments

  1. Glad you got to enjoy a family Christmas (even with its bittersweet moments). Hope you have a relaxing week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to enjoy a family Christmas, sorry your time with your daughter was so short. It rained all day on Christmas Eve here and then, was warm yesterday until afternoon. Today it's snowing! Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that your daughter did not want to be there. Mine was in a rush to go to Florida. I plan to rest this week as well. Too much stress from the holiday season. It is colder here as well so I can stay in and not feel bad about it. Visiting with my friends today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts