Happy Homemaker Monday

 



                              Please join Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday HERE



The Weather:::
Seems we are going to have a week that is mostly sunny and in the low-mid 40s.  Definitely not cold enough in my opinion. 

As I look outside my window:::

It's that ugly time of year with bare trees, brown grass, mud, and cloudy skies. There is some sun from time to time but still nothing pretty to look aat. 

Right now I am:::
Jeff is watching "Lost" AGAIN and I'm just watching some videos on YouTube and typing up this post. 

Thinking and pondering:::
Still have quite a bit of shopping to do for Christmas.  I'm about at the 1/2-way point I guess.  


On my bedside table:::
I am happy to say that not only is my small bookshelf next to my bed cleared off - it is nearly empty!  I am moving it to the entryway which is actually part of my something room. It's part office, part library, part writing room.  What would you call that? 

On my tv this week:::
Days of Our Lives
YouTube videos 
I think I'm going to start Poldark 

Listening to:::.  
I am listening to Ollie purr while snuggling with Jeff. I swear he must have been a therapy cat before we adopted him.  He hugs and cuddles and he meets you at the front door and waits for you in the hall.  Sweetest cat I've ever seen. 

Grocery Challenge:::
We WILL be moving forward with a no spend month in January (more about that at the end of this month) along with a grocery challenge! 

As for this week, we have a lot of potatoes to use up.  I had about 5 pounds and then saw a 5-lb bag on sale for 1.49 so bought that too!  
 
On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Spaghetti with meat sauce, green beans
Tuesday - Dad's house - unsure
Wednesday - Loaded baked potatoes 
Thursday -  Lentil Stew
Friday - Burrito bowl
Saturday - Potato curry with rice
Sunday - KFC bowls
 
 
On my reading pile:::
I finished "A Song for Christmas" by Lori DiAnni  

I've started "A Tale of Two Cities" by Dickens and for a book club I'll be reading "The Canary Girls" 


Thousands of women—cooks, maids, shopgirls, and housewives—answered their nation’s call. These “munitionettes” worked grueling shifts often seven days a week, handling TNT and other explosives with little protective gear.

The Canaries soon acquire an unexpected fan in the boss’s wife, Helen Purcell, who is deeply troubled by reports that Danger Building workers suffer from serious, unexplained illnesses. One common symptom, the lurid yellow hue of their skin, earns them the nickname “canary girls.” 

On my to do list:::
  • Work M-F
  • Dad's house Tuesday evening
  • Jeff doctor appt on Thursday
  • Writing group M,W,Th,F,S,S
  • Bible study group M, F


What I am writing and/or Bible Journaling:::
I am writing the second book in my sweet historical fiction series set in Winnett, Montana.  I'm editing my first book (a Christian Thriller) to hopefully publish in June of 2024. 

I am Bible Journaling Deuteronomy 31:8-9 this week for an Instagram collab.  I'll post it next week. 


A look at my planner:::
It was a huge planning week.  I watched a live on how to plan your writing year, and then did HB90 with Sarra Cannon.  HB90 is a planning system.  It's a week-long workshop and today was the kick-off call.  I've been working on my goals for 2024 and trying to be realistic about what I can actually get done. 

Looking around the house:::
I have been moving a lot of stuff around.  My daughter, Jennah, moved back in so she took everything out of the back bedroom and put it into a room we really weren't using at all.  So I now have a library/office and the other room is a living room/gym.  Weird, I know.  Again, if I ever get things situated, I will post pictures. 
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::



Comments

  1. I for sure recommend Poldark! I LOVED the show, I read a lot of the books after getting into the show, and it really follows it pretty well until the last season, but the first seasons were amazing! I love the idea of a no-spend January to catch up from the crazy spending in December! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started watching the first episode of Poldark while I was at work, thinking it would be a good show for background. After five minutes I was like - NOPE - this show needs my full attention! So, I'll be watching it outside of work hours! hahaha No spend January is going to be a must! I'm looking forward to the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Wow you are busy. Iam excited about your book. It's something I always thought about doing. And yes 2024 is around the corner I need to get planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about my book too. I've been writing since I was 12 years old (there was a good decade in there where I probably wrote nothing - and the rest of the time it was just for myself and never consistent. I am very hopeful 2024 will be an exciting year in that area of my life!

      Delete
  3. Yes, a no spend January might be the answer for us too :) I am not even close to being done with Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get my spending in gear. It's all me. I buy things before thinking it through. Definitely need to make some changes!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the idea of a NO SPEND January and may need to join you. This has been such an expensive month already and it's not even half way done. I LOVE Jennifer Chiaverini as an author, but haven't read that book yet so I'm anxious to hear what you think. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might be joining you in January. I'm so behind on Christmas that I might still be working on it January though, LOL. Oh, I love LOST. Haven't watched it a long time though. Reading about your potato haul is making me crave potato soup :) Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say a creativity room! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts