Blogmas Day 27: My Reading Plans for 2024

 


This year was not a great reading year for me.  I finished writing two books - but trying to balance that with a full-time job and taking care of my family left me pretty drained at the end of the evening.  I won't let that happen in 2024! I am not going to set a lofty amount of books, but I am going to challenge myself!  

Here are the links to the Book Challenges I will be participating in: 

Hardcore Literature

Tea and Ink Society

Anna The Books I Read

Tristan and the Classics 

***************************************************************

In January I plan to read East of Eden along with Hardcore Literature and the Tea and Ink Society.  This is a re-read for me, but it has been about a decade and I am so excited to read it again as it is one of my favorites! I own a print copy of this book.



In February will be Wuthering Heights with Tristan's and the Classics on YouTube. Also a re-read and also a favorite that I read over a decade ago.  I am not sure if this is on my shelf or not!!!!  Either way, I will have a print copy for annotation. 


April is with Tea and Ink Society and will be an L.M Montgomery book. 

May and June will be a big challenge - The Brother's Karamazov with Anna The Books I Read on Instagram. I have a print copy of this book. 


August I'll be reading a Children's Classic for Tea and Ink Society

September I am looking forward to Dr. Zhivago with Anna and the Books I read on Instagram and Song of Solomon with Hardcore Literature. I have Song of Solomon but will need to purchase a print copy of Dr. Zhivago.


October a Spooky Classic with Tea and Ink Society

November Far from the Madding Crowd with Hardcore Literature. I own a print copy of this book as well. 


December is a Shakespeare Play with Tea and Ink Society and a Secret Dickens for Hardcore Literature.  

Other books on my TBR (that are on my TBR shelf/kindle) 

Yellowface - Purchased for Kindle on Cyber Monday for a great price

The Mother Daughter Murder Night- Purchased for Kindle, super cheap! 

War and Peace (I started last year and I am about 1/3 of the way through - but I am determined to finish) I have two print copies to of this.  I had three but put one in a little free library. 

I have only listed 14 books here.  I'll also be reading books for Bible studies and books on the writing craft - but other than that, I'll just read whatever I feel like. 

Do you have any books you're really excited about reading this year? 






Comments

  1. I got two new books for Christmas, and I am anxious to read both of them. One is Just Once by Karen Kingsbury (my favorite author) and the other is a story by Ree Drummond, better known as The Pioneer Woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Karen Kingsbury! I've also "known" Ree Drummond way before she was famous! Her kids and my kids were around the same age and we both homeschooled and blogged - so we engaged in comments a few times!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts