Blogmas Day 28: What is Veganuary?

 





My youngest daughter (23) has been a vegan for several years.  I have attempted to go plant based a couple of times - but I think more of a balance of foods that is vegetable heavy is better for me. 

Every year in January, a lot of people try out veganism in what is called "Veganuary".  You can check out their website HERE  where  you'll find a free cookbook, meal plans, and nutrition guide. 

I would love to completely switch to a whole food plant-based diet - and I hope to make that change over time - but for now, I will be making it a large part of my 2024. 

I wanted to share some recipes what will help you along, whether you make one night a meatless night or if you try to go vegan.  

Chickpea "Tuna" Salad - This is one of my favorite sandwiches.  Both of my daughters love this one too! 


Buddha Bowls like this Indian Cauliflower Chickpea Toful Bowl are so delicious and full of healthy and nutritious foods.  You can check HERE for a list of 25. 


Another staple is vegan Bolognese sauce like this one from Vegan Uggs.   It is so good and hearty.  One of my favorites is a Lentil Bolognese you can find HERE



If you are going to try a vegan meal or Veganuary, you need to know how to make a good Crispy Baked Tofu.  I am still not a lover of tofu, but it is not bad! If you make this crispy tofu and add a delicious sauce - it's a good meal to have in your arsenal. 



Here are a few more recipes I plan to make over the next month! I've already tried all of them (not these exact recipes) and can say they are some of my favorites! 


Black bean burgers This recipe has notes to make vegetarian or vegan (subs for cheese/eggs) 
























I will be sharing my meal plan every week in my Happy Homemaker Monday posts, linking to Sandra at Diary of a Stay-at-Home Mom 

Will you be changing your diet in any way in 2024? 




Comments

Popular Posts