Blogmas Day 29: No Spend January

 I'm planning a no-spend January and thought I'd share my rules as well as a few things I'm getting rid of to save money. 

There will be no fast food, no fancy drinks, no clothes, no BOOKS, no pens or highlighters, no games, no nail polish - nothing. 

I don't know about where you live, but my electric/gas bill is outrageous.  It's my highest bill after rent and it just jumped $64.  

When I get my taxes, I'm going to pay off my phone.  I may stay with Google Fi if they keep me around $30 (right now 85 with phone payment) or switch to Mint. 

I am also canceling the following (already started!) 

  • Cable -80
  • Starz -5
  • Paramount Plus -5
  • Frndly -10
  • Walmart Delivery -13 - DONE
  • Disney -2
  • Canva -7.49 
  • Netflix -14.99 
  • Patreon to Hardcore Literature -22 (went to $3 level instead of cxlng) - DONE
  • Switching Amazon Prime to Jennah (student) -7.50
  • Kindle Unlimited 9.99 - DONE
  • Yoga subscription 33 - DONE
  • There might be a couple more I'm forgetting about!  But I will be scouring my checking account to see what is coming out! 
KEEPING: 
  • Internet 
  • Hulu 7.99
  • Patreon x2 - 8.00 (HC Lit above and How to Faith a Life)
  • Bible Gateway 5.00
  • I MAY add Peacock for 5.99 because it's the only place I can watch Days of Our Lives and I have been watching it for 40 years!  It came with my cable subscription so I won't have it anymore.  

So those are the basics!  I will check in periodically with an update! 

Comments

Popular Posts