Happy Homemaker Monday January 15th, 2024


♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Like many of you, we are under the cover of the Polar Vortex.  The "real feel" this morning was -21 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm still busy having hot flashes though, so it's not affecting me much!  ha ha ha 

Monday and Tuesday will range from below zero to a high of 10. Then we will climb out and sit at around 20-ish the rest of the week with a lot of clouds. 
 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  We had a decent snow storm the other day, but then it switched to rain and ended up being very icy.  I'm quite jealous of those in Northern Michigan as they got 18 inches of snow and are expecting more. 
 



♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Just finished reading a little bit and decided to get this post typed up.  Today is the last of my four-day weekend.  I wanted to do so many things.  I did a few things and a lot of napping and resting.  

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
It's been a rough year so far and we are only two weeks in.  A family friend passed away and a few days later Jeff's aunt passed away.  Then we found out that my dad has shingles and he's been in a lot of pain. We found out today that Jeff's brother and nephew have Covid. I refuse to believe that this is a sign of how the year will continue.  

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
It's a mess again.  That was on my list of things to do, so perhaps today? 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

I've been overwhelmingly tired, weak, and exhausted.  I think this might just be my new normal. I hope not, but it certainly feels like it. 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Jeff is watching a scary movie with Kiefer Sutherland.  It's loud.  

  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
  
 Jeff made a smoked sausage and cabbage soup and he made homemade noodles.  It was amazing. 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 Lentil sloppy joes on baked potatoes.  The Aldi sloppy joe sauce was not good.  

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
I'm in a summer nightgown in this frigid weather.  I'm always hot no matter what. 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Still reading East of Eden and Canary Girls.  Hopefully will finish one by next week. 
Reading Joshua and Proverbs in my Grace Reading Plan. 

♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

YouTube videos 

♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥
Monday - Black bean, corn, tofu burrito with massaged kale 



Tuesday - We might go to Dad's? All depends on how he is feeling. Otherwise, smoked sausage and potatoes
Wednesday - Campanella pasta with homemade tomato sauce and green beans
Thursday -   Either chili or taco soup with all the toppings 
Friday - Peanut noodles with veggies and tofu






Sunday - Homemade black bean burgers and oven fries 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I keep making baby steps when I have the energy.  I cleaned the windows today.  I've been Murphy Oil Soaping all of the wood.  Needs a lot more decluttering. 
 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Writing Group, Bible Study
Tuesday - Work, maybe Dad's
Wednesday - Work, Writing Group, Pay bills
Thursday -   Work, Writing Group
Friday - Work, Bible study, Writing Group
Saturday - Errands and grocery shop, writing group
Sunday - Planning, writing group


♥♥ From the camera ♥♥

Sammy (above) and Ollie Bear (below) keeping warm. 



♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
Pinning recipes - a lot of plant-based ones.  I'm doing a Women's Bible study with HB Ministries.  This month is setting up our Godly goals for the year. 

♥♥ You Tube/Blog Post to share ♥♥
New to me, but I like what she has to say! 


♥♥Praying for♥♥
Jeff's family, especially his mom, as they lost Jeff's Aunt Judy
Our family friend Billy on his loss of his long-time girlfriend, Cathy
My dad as he is finding his way through shingles
All the MANY conflicts around the world.  Every day it feels closer to a World War. 

♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥


Comments

  1. lOVE THIS POST! 2024 IS A HANDFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your year is off to such a rough start. Stuffed cabbage soup sounds so good, you have me rethinking my entire menu plan. Hope this week is a good one and that your year improves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuffed cabbage soup and stuffed pepper soup are two of my favorites. Really hearty and delicious, perfect for this cold weather.

      Delete
  3. 2024 is starting rough but hoping it only gets better! Love that your menu goes with the cold spell.. such cozy ideas. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things will start looking up soon I hope! You have a great week too.

      Delete
  4. Hello my Friend! I literally LOL'd when I read your hot flash comment. I can often relate to that too! 😁 It has been so cold in the WI northwoods too. Is it too soon to be dreaming on Spring? 🙈 Your world has had a rough beginning to this year already. Prayers for all of your loved ones suffering in any way right now. Yes, definitely NOT a sign of the year ahead!! Your menu sounds so cozy. Anytime you want to hire Jeff out let me know. That meal sounds amazing!! If you get a minute come enter the blogaversary giveaway I'm doing. Appreciate my blogland friends so much and want to share the love! Blessings on the rest of your week. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts