Happy Homemaker Monday & Happy 2024!

 


Hello friends!  I hope that you had a beautiful holiday.  I'm ready for a change.  Happy 2024!  



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Sisters, it's still yucky.  Around 40 all week and rainy.  Winter where is your harsh frigidness? 



 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  Still ugly.  Muddy, bare trees, gray skies.  Yuck.  
 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I'm typing this up Sunday night (NYE) and Jeff and I are just relaxing with the kitties.  We'll probably watch a move in a little while.  

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
I've been thinking for a few weeks now about how to be more intentional in 2024. I have my Bible study and devotion picked out, a lot of the books I want to read have been picked out, and my writing schedule worked on.  

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
Books, journals, annotation supplies, Bible supplies, candle, five-year prayer journal, Fresca, few pair of glasses lol. 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

A little yucky.  I am not sure if it is my sinuses or if I am coming down with something.  
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
YouTube video talking about financial goals for 2024. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I did not have breakfast today. 
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
  Naan dippers and hummus 
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 Frozen pizza from Aldi - beef bulgogi pizza 

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black camo pants and a black t-shirt with fuzzy slippers 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

I have about a week to go with A Tale of Two Cities.  It's growing on me!  And I will finish! 

I'm starting East of Eden today for Hardcore Literature and for The Tea and Ink Society. 

I'm continuing on with the Grace Bible Reading Plan from How to Faith A Life.  She now has a video to go with every day.  

I'll be using my Jane Austen devotional each morning as well. 

♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

Days of Our Lives
You Tube 




♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥
Please see post HERE about my grocery challenge! 
 
Monday - NY Day - Chinese Food at Dad's house 

T - Black bean and lentil soup 

W - Buffalo Tofu Wrap, Oven roasted potatoes

TH - One pot Spanish rice and beans 

F - Mushroom spinach pasta 

S - Creamy tomato orzo with crispy tofu cutlets 

S - Lentil sloppy joe stuffed baked potato side of veg 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I am using a little "nook" in what is supposed to be our dining room to be my writing area.  I'm going to move my roll-top desk and chair, one of my rolling carts, and maybe a small bookshelf.  I have a room divider that my mother painted that I will use as a "wall" for some privacy. 
 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Spending most of the day with Dad, traditional Chinese food dinner 
Tuesday - Back to work (Jennah turning in cable box)
Wednesday - Work, writing group
Thursday -   Work, writing group
Friday - Work, writing group, Bible study
Saturday - Grocery shop, errands, writing group
Sunday - Writing group
 

♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
I am doing first edits on my first book, Early Morning Darkness, which is a Christian thriller.  I'm also working on writing a sweet, historical romance about a young woman who travels west with the intent of teaching Native American children.  She will be a compilation of several real women in history who were friends to different tribes.  I'm in the plotting and research stage right now.  Finally, I'm working on some bite-sized Bible studies to share under my wellversedwomen name on Instagram.  


♥♥Praying for♥♥
Wow.  There is so much to pray for - from the entire world down to my immediate family.  
*Jeff's Aunt Judy - she's been fighting cancer and today we found out she has Covid and pneumonia and is on a ventilator. 
*My son, who is struggling with several health and mental health issues. 
*For my own finances. 
*Peace in the U.S. 
*An end to the war in Israel/Gaza and Russia/Ukraine
*A family friend who had a stroke 2 years ago, I heard today she is not doing well and they do not expect her to be around much longer 

♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥

  • Isaiah 43:18-19 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

Comments

  1. I love "How to Faith a Life"! I'm also going to be doing a Bible Reading Plan this year. Have a blessed, healthy and happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about a change ,I'm so ready for a new year! The holidays are great but I'm always ready to move on haha! I hope you have a wonderful week! I am so tired of muggy weather as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wonder why so many people hate change. Just being alive is all about change - life is an always changing event, so bring it on. I hope you're having a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Health and happiness to you and yours and hugs for all those in need

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts