Happy Homemaker Monday

  


Hello and happy Monday.  I hope everyone who reads this has a very blessed week ahead! 



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Several more days of around 40 and dreary.  We did have a few flurries, nothing stuck though.  BUT.  BUT! 
Starting Sunday we are dropping into highs in the teens!  And I am here for it! 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  (Last week) Still ugly.  Muddy, bare trees, gray skies.  Yuck.  (This week) Same. 
 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I'm working.  I truly love my job, but it's been a lot over the past few weeks.  We have a friend of mine off on maternity leave - she has the cutest little boy a few days ago!!! I'm so very happy for her, but we are short now and it's been extra over the holidays.  

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
Honestly?  I have been thinking and pondering about giving up.  Just crawling into my shell and not trying any more.  I'm so tired. If I did not have my faith in God, I would not be able to go on.  He is what gives me hope. 

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
It's a long story - but my small bookshelf is full of canned food, bread, bagels, etc. 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Pretty despondent. I still feel grateful for all God does in my life. I have small blips of hope here and there and I try to reach out and grab onto them.  But I'm feeling pretty beaten down. I'll keep on trying. 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
YouTube video of a Dollar Tree haul 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Jeff brought me scrambled eggs, toast, and a mandarin orange. 
               
  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
 Roasted vegetables and farro with a hummus dressing 
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
We ended up eating frozen pizza 

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black pants and a gray l/s t-shirt with some floral print. Fuzzy slippers. 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

I finished A Tale of Two Cities!  You can read my review HERE if you would like! 

I am now reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck.  This will take me a few weeks.  I also picked up from teh library the Miracle Morning.  And I'm reading "Covered Wagon Women" book 2, which is fascinating! 

♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

Days of Our Lives
You Tube 
Re-binging Bones while working 




♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥

 
Monday - Frozen pizza

T - Veggie burgers and sweet potato fries 

W - Lentil sloppy joe stuffed baked potato side of veg  (also from last week) 

TH - Mushroom spinach pasta (from last week) 





S - Unsure

S - Unsure


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
Needs more decluttering done.  But not too bad.  We have more stuff than we need for sure.  
 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
All week:  
Working M-thursday.  
Writing group M,W,Th,F,S,S.  
Bible group M,F.  
 

♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
CREATING: I got a lot of first edits done on my first book.  I'll be working on that this week too. 
STUDYING: I am still not exactly sure which Bible reading plan I am doing for 2024.  I've started watching Kanoe (Heart Dive) which is the same as Bible Recap.  There are so many resources, a huge community, and I received the questions for Christmas.  BUT - I made it through Joshua with the Grace Bible Reading Plan from Faith at How to Faith a Life last year and I'm considering just continuing that - because do I really want to read all that stuff again that I just read?  She and her husband now have daily videos as well.  So I might do a combination - Faith's plan and look at Kanoe's video from last year? 
PINNING: Ways to improve my prayer life.  And vegan/vegetarian rescipes. 


♥♥Praying for♥♥
My son.  
My father. 
For COVID and other respiratory illnesses that are spreading to wane. 
The wars and unrest in so many countries around the world. 
Our government. 
For WWIII not to happen. 

♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥

From my Bible reading for the week.  Definitely gave me a lot to think about. 




Comments

  1. Good afternoon, Sherry. I really enjoyed my visit.. I am so pleased to read that you are involved in Bible study and reading.. It is so important, e specially in these days. I highly encourage you to get involved in WW. right now that are offering for a shot time a better month rate. I was so bad when I started I dint care how much it cost I paid 45 a month but I love the plan and it has been fairly easy to come off considering I am 73 and do hardly no exercise! I am down 4 sizes and it feels so good. I renegotiated my payments and am now paying 24 a month so that makes it even more worthwhile for me.. I can't wait to lose 25 more and weight what my thin hubby weighs ,, but I think this is going to be lifelong thing for me.. being healthy is all important! God bless in your endeavors and have a great rest of your week!!! Schotzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Having a relationship with God is the most important thing in this world! Every day I'm reading of more and more violence taking place all over in so many different countries. Knowing God gives you a peach that you can't find anywhere else. My sister and I joined WW! Do you do any of the online meetings? I think I will go to at least one per week. I found out my work will pay for WW! They have a yearly health benefit and WW is included. What a blessing. This weekend I'm trying to get a menu plan together that is both healthy and frugal. I hope your week has been wonderful!

      Delete
  2. how true it is that we could not go on without God. I feel so defeated in January due to the cloudy days, but I know He is with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about my sisters, neither of them are saved. Neither of them have any hope in their lives either. One of them I may eventually get to, but the other one I highly doubt it. I don't know how anyone lives in this world today without God. I know this time of year is difficult. It is for me too. That just means we need to lean ever harder on Him!

      Delete
  3. I've read your blog. Some things are so relatable, especially your thinking and pondering. Have a great Saturday and Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you can relate to my feelings of giving up. Neither of us can do that. We can slowly change things to improve our outlook. I'm really hard on myself and feel like a failure if I don't accomplish everything that I think I "should" get done in a week. I'm trying to give myself more grace and appreciate the things that I DO get done. It's hard.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts