How to Invigorate Your Prayer Life - A Bite Sized Bible Study: Part 1

 


I know some people have amazing prayer lives, but I've never been one of them.  I talk to God, I thank God, I talk to Him throughout the day.  I'm not consistent. I don't go to Him first a lot of the time.  My prayer life is LACKING. 

Toward the end of 2023, I began to feel God calling me to a deeper prayer life. It's been on my mind every day since, yet I haven't made any changes.  That's why I've decided to do this 10-part bite-sized Bible study.  

Each post will contain a different way to improve your prayer life.  More than anything though - it's your connection during prayer that is most important.  Not what you say or how you say it, but truly connecting with God. 

#1 PRAYING THE WORD: 

We want God's Word with us at all times, especially when we pray.  

"If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you” (John 15:7)" 

The Bible speaks a lot about prayer. There are nearly THIRTY references to prayer in Acts alone! 

Luke records that the first activity of the disciples was to join together “devoting themselves to prayer” (Acts 1:14).

To devote means: to give all of something, especially your time, effort, or love, or yourself, to something you believe in or to a person. 

When you recite Scripture in prayer, let the MEANING of the verses become your prayer. 

Psalms are beautifully written prayers, and they are a great way to start praying Scripture. 

Hebrews 4:12 says that God's Word is alive and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword. When we pray the Scriptures, we are coming into agreement with God.

God’s word is a “lamp for my feet and a light on my path,” (Psalm 119:105)

There is no right or wrong way to pray.  Build the relationship with Him.  That is what is important.  Praying the Word is a powerful way to speak with God. If you are looking for a way to grow closer to Him, give it a try! 

Comments

Popular Posts