Happy Homemaker Monday - January 22nd, 2024

 




♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
We had the frigid cold last week and we've had a little bit of snow here and there.  We've got a few inches on the ground and more coming tomorrow.  BUT - we are heading back into the low 40s, so it will melt and be muddy and awful again.  BAH. 
 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  Right now it is pretty and white - just how it should be. 
 

♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Working although I'm not feeling well.  I think I may have caught whatever my dad has. 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
Really worried about my Dad. He tested negative for COVID but I'm asking him to take a second test.  I'm also worried about another bout of pneumonia. 

♥♥On my bedside table♥♥
Still a mess 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Overwhelmed. Exhausted. Run down. 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
48 Hours


  
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
  
 Chicken Tikka Masala (frozen dinner) 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
 Stuffed cabbage soup and sourdough bread 

 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Don't ask lol
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Very close to finishing "Canary Girls" - probably by this evening. Then I will start "Bunny" - a very dark and twisty book.  

♥♥ On my TV ♥♥

Far too many YouTube Videos
Rewatching Bones
48 Hours 

♥♥ On the menu for this week♥♥
A couple of repeats that we did not have last week.  Neither of us felt good so we ended up eating easy things like frozen pizza, soup and sandwich, etc. 
 
Monday - Stuffed cabbage soup
Tuesday -  Chicken pot pie
Wednesday -  Chili and cornbread
Thursday -   Chicken lo mein with veggies 
Friday - Spaghetti with Impossible Meatballs
Saturday - YOYO 
Sunday -  Lemon Chickpea Orzo Soup


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
Meh.
 

♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Work. Bible Study. Take Jennah to school. Writing Group. 
Tuesday - Work
Wednesday - Work, Other Bible study group. Jennah to school, Dad's if he is feeling better and none of us are sick! 
Thursday -   Work, Writing Group. 
Friday - Work, Bible Study group. Writing Group. 
Saturday - Sleep. 
Sunday - Sleep. 


♥♥ What I'm creating/studying/Pinning ♥♥
I finished first edits on my first book. I'm taking a little break before starting second edits and I'm working on book 2 in this series.  

I made a KanBan board for my Q1 goals over the weekend and a prayer board (really just a fold out in my planner) 


♥♥Praying for♥♥
My Dad first and foremost.  His poor lungs can't take anymore.  I'm beyond worried. 
The US.  There are so many news articles saying we are getting closer and closer to WWIII. 
Our military - especially those stationed in places under attack right now. 
All of the innocent people who are caught in the middle of war. 
All of God's people.  We need to be strong in our faith. 

♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥
Today I'm sharing a poem - or a verse of a poem from William Wordsworth - as it's how I'm feeling today. 

The world is too much with us; late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;—
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon;
The winds that will be howling at all hours,
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers;
For this, for everything, we are out of tune;

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry none of you are feeling very good over there. Prayers that your dad is on the mend soon and that his illness doesn't become anything more serious. Hope you start to feel better and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Praying he's better. This crazy weather makes everyone sick. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your dad, prayers for a healing! I too am worried about a possible war, we just don't need this!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my Friend. Prayers for your Dad and his continued healing and for his strength and health overall. 🙏🏻 I hope you feel better too! Have a cozy and better week dear Lady. Blessings to you always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending positive vibes for your dad. And may you get some rest too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts