Happy Homemaker Monday 2 Days Late! April 11th, 2016


Yes, not surprising, I am two days late!  But I promised myself that I would post at least once a week! 

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Breakfast "hash" - Simply potatoes, scrambled eggs and turkey sausage all mixed up.  My favorite :)

On today's to do list:::: 
Work
Work with Em on HS homework (Biology, World History)


Just finished reading::::
Our Own Country by Jodi Daynard 4.5*
How to Memorize the Bible Fast and Easy 2.5*

Currently reading::::
Armor of God - Priscilla Shirer
One More Step - Rachel Wojo
The Midwife's Dilemma by Delia Parr (an ARC from Bethany)
Wreckage by Emily Bleeker
Bertie by Shanna Hatfield
When I Found You by Ryan Hyde

On the TV today::::
Binge watching "Fringe" still
The Voice
Empire
Joyce Meyer

The weather outside is::::
OMgoodness! I think spring may have finally come to Detroit!  We are only in the 50s today - but it looks like sun and 60s-70 for the next 10 days~!

On the menu this week::::
Monday:  We had Italian baked chicken with roasted potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts
Tuesday: We had spaghetti with meat sauce
Wednesday:  Mom's for dinner
Thursday: Tilapia tacos with Mexican rice
Friday: Dinner at a friend's house for Bible study
Saturday: Mom's for dinner
Sunday: Not sure yet - something chicken-y

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Read!

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
I plan on making this for my work lunches next week:  Lentils and brown rice with feta cheese 


In the garden::::
Still waiting on those flowers....


Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::

Simply Charlotte Mason - Teaching Science Subject by Subject

Praying for::::
My Henry
Kids
Family
Friends


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::
Colossians 3: 12
 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Comments

  1. Hi, you had asked for the Chicken Turmeric recipe. I got it from here http://www.mygutfeeling.eu/chicken-turmeric-rice/ however I'm cooking the chicken separately in the oven, since I'm making more chicken drumsticks than the recipe calls for and making the rice on the stove. This is the first time I'm making it. :-)

    Wow you're reading a lot of books. I love reading but haven't had a chance to in awhile. Well, aside from kids books. I love watching Joyce Meyer too. I saw her a few years ago when she came to Hershey, PA. I'm not too far away from there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts