The Monday Book Report

 



I am linking up with 








WHAT DID I READ THIS WEEK:  I didn't finish anything this week, but I have been working on a few books.  
                                               All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers 

This book was written by the host of the very popular True Crime Podcast, Crime Junkie.  I borrowed this from my local library. 

                                                        Holiday Hope by Shanna Hatfield 

Shanna Hatfield is one of my favorite historical fiction writers. She writes westerns with incredible characters. I borrowed this one from Kindle Unlimited. 

                                                         Trapper Road by Rachel Caine 

This is the sixth and latest installment of the StillHouse Lake series.  I have loved each of these books about a woman who was married to a serial killer and their children.  I borrowed this from Kindle Unlimited. 

WHAT BOOKS DID I BUY/BORROW THIS WEEK:  From Kindle Unlimited I borrowed: Bring Hygge to Your Life, The Sund Does Shine, Christmas at Cranberry Cove, and Everyday Magic.  From the Library I borrowed An Ivy Hill Christmas and Everyday Faith Magazine. I purchased Colleen Coble's Edge of Dusk

BOOKS AND BOOKISH ITEMS ON MY CHRISTMAS LIST: 


                                                                New Kindle Case 


                                                Pouch to hold all of my annotation supplies

WHAT ARE MY READING PLANS FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK: 
I plan to finish the three books that I am reading, and I would like to start: 

                                                    An Ivy Hill Christmas by Julie Klassen 


READTHONS AND BOOK CHALLENGES 2023:  

Thank you so much to Girl XOXO for putting together this: 2023 Master list of Reading Challenges

A couple that I might be interested in: 

The Book Girl's Guide - Read Around the World: Book Voyage Reading Challenge 


Celebrity Readers - Diversity Reading Challenge    


Books of My Heart - Thrifty Thursday Challenge   







Comments

  1. I bought Trapper Road this morning - love that series and so sad that the author passed away. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a good week!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my goodness! So that is why this book has two authors! I had no idea! I'm so sad!

      Delete
  2. It looks like your reading is fitting the spirit of the season! I like your Kindle and pen cases. You've reminded me that I need to start narrowing down which challenges I want to join. I've done the Book Voyage and the Diversity Challenge in the past and enjoyed them.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done any challenges in the past couple of years and I really miss them! I decided I want to broaden the types of books that I read next year so that is why I picked those. I'm also a part of an online classics club so I will do a few with them as well. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Your library book looks to be interesting! I love that pouch, too! So handy! I’ll avhe to check out Seasons of Wonder. Your potential challenges look fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Crime Junkie Podcast so knew I wanted to read her book. It is good so far! I hope I receive Seasons of Wonder for Christmas. There are a couple of other similar books that look very lovely too!

      Delete
  4. Yes, I want to be more focused with my reading and pretty much everything else next year! haha! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been pinning everything I can get my hands on that has "organization" in the title! But I really have some HUGE goals this year and need to get into the right mindset to achieve them!

      Delete
  5. I like to partake in a couple of Advent studies to keep myself focused. I get off track SO easily! Now to wean myself away from my true crime addiction! My fiance and I will read the story of the birth of Jesus on Christmas Eve. It's a tradition we just started together last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover of Seasons of Wonder looks really beautiful. I keep wanting to do a book challenge, but my TBR doesn't let me do it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. My TBR pile. I just let it continue to grow and keep looking the other way. It's terrible. I should be ashamed lol

      Delete
  7. Great list this week, Sherry. Holiday Hope sounds wonderful. I enjoy historical fiction. I think I have An Ivy Hill Christmas on my Kindle.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holiday Hope was really good! There are 4 in the series, and I started the second one. I am thinking there might be books in between with the same characters that are NOT Christmas themed, because a whole lot of time passed between these two! Hope you're finding wonderful things to read this week!

      Delete
  8. Hello Sherry. Glad you linked at MM. You have good variety here. I have been eyeing An Ivy Hill Christmas in the 2 for 1 Holiday Romances at Audiobooks.com. I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to go back and read the Ivy Hill books in order. I read the first one many years ago and just loved it. I started to read the Christmas one, but I couldn't remember any of the characters - so it will be put aside until next year! Hope you're finding terrific things to read this week!

      Delete
  9. I am not quite caught on with Rachel Caine's series but I am so glad to see another author helped complete her last book. I will have to get my hands on it. Happy reading, have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful that this new author will continue Rachel Caine's storyline. This last book they really did set it up for there to be a follow-up book! What a legacy she left behind! She has so many books and I have only read the tip of the iceberg!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts