Happy Homemaker Monday June 5th, 2017



Welcome to this week's Happy Homemaker Monday.  I am linking up with Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.  

Jennah's testing and EGD were all inconclusive.  There is no visible cause of all of her stomach issues.  The surgeon says that it is possible that it is all due to her anxiety issues.  Emily also has stomach problems from anxiety; however, hers are more of a stomach ache, where Jennah's is pain with radiation, vomiting, nausea, etc.  It's frustrating.  ANYWAY - during anesthesia for the EGD, they found that her tonsils are huge!  They are touching :/  So now we are trying to find an ENT to see if they need to come out, which I'm guessing is going to be a yes since she has begun to snore loudly.  

The weather:::  We're still a mix of raining/stormy days and gorgeous 80-degree late spring days.  Today is the former.  I'm hoping for some loud thunder and bright lightening! 


On my reading pile::: I finished "A Court of Thorns and Roses".  It was really good.  I won't be buying the next in the series at full price, but if I see it super cheap, I'll pick it up.  And I am ALMOST done with "Gone with the Wind".  I still love it. 

Starting "Suspicion" by Dee Henderson.  I LOVE her writing! 


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
LOTS of Nashville - I'm almost caught up! 
Chicago Fire 

On the menu for this week::: I have been carb cycling for a couple of weeks.  I am down 10 pounds, I feel great,

MONDAY:  Chicken fajita bowl with brown rice 
TUESDAY: Turkey meatballs with cauliflower rice and zucchini 
WEDNESDAY: Cajun cod, black beans, and rice 
THURSDAY: Turkey burger and baked homemade curly fries 
FRIDAY: Ground turkey marinara with Zoodles 
SATURDAY: Chicken parmesan with whole grain linguine 
SUNDAY: Moco Loco (turkey with turkey gravy over cauliflower rice) 

On my to do list::: (This is for Sunday) 
*Laundry
*Dishes
*Bathroom 
*Sweep/mop floors
*Meal Prep 
*Workout 
*Read
*Declutter living room!  I can't believe how quickly things get cluttered.  We live in a tiny little house and if things are not put in their place it gets crazy! 


What I am crafting or creating::: Obviously decorating my planners!  Also trying to get back to my writing.  I've been working on a couple of songs.  And finally - I made this fruit holder thingie from thrift store stuff.  Cost me $4! 



On my TV:::

YouTube videos 


Happening this week:::
*Work 
*Gym 
*Getting in a couple of hikes with my girls - weather permitting 
*Family gathering Friday evening 


Looking around the house::: See above - lots of decluttering and cleaning in progress ..... 



From the camera:::  In all my years, I've never seen one!  It's a tulip poplar.  Imagine these blooming overhead and their gorgeous petals blanketing your walk in the woods! 




What I'm wearing today::: Workout clothes - capris and a t-shirt 


One of my simple pleasures::: Planning - whether it's meal planning or just making lists of things I need to do.  Gives me a feeling of peace and calm



Bible verse, Devotional::: 


Comments

Popular Posts