LATE! Happy Homemaker Monday February 26th





It's been a few weeks!  I've never been very good at being consistent with blogging!  But I'm here to try again! 

ON MY BREAKFAST PLATE: Leftover breakfast burritos from my dad's yesterday.  He requested them so I made a bunch at his house yesterday! 

THE WEATHER::  We've had some nice early spring days.  Love. 

RIGHT NOW I AM:: Procrastinating everything that I have to do today! 

ON MY READING PILE::  I recently finished The Almost Sisters 



"With empathy, grace, humor, and piercing insight, the author of gods in Alabama pens a powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South that confronts the truth about privilege, family, and the distinctions between perception and reality---the stories we tell ourselves about our origins and who we really are" 


I gave this 4*.  I really liked the characters and the relationships built in this story. 

I just finished The Sea of Tranquility 

"Two and a half years after an unspeakable tragedy left her a shadow of the girl she once was, Nastya Kashnikov moves to a new town determined to keep her dark past hidden and hold everyone at a distance. But her plans only last so long before she finds herself inexplicably drawn to the one person as isolated as herself: Josh Bennett"

I also give this one 4* It's one of those YA books with all the feels.  


Also finished the book The Woman in the Window.  




Anna Fox lives alone—a recluse in her New York City home, unable to venture outside. She spends her day drinking wine (maybe too much), watching old movies, recalling happier times . . . and spying on her neighbors.
Then the Russells move into the house across the way: a father, mother, their teenaged son. The perfect family. But when Anna, gazing out her window one night, sees something she shouldn’t, her world begins to crumble and its shocking secrets are laid bare.
What is real? What is imagined? Who is in danger? Who is in control? In this diabolically gripping thriller, no one—and nothing—is what it seems

This one was great!  5*.  It was twisty and turny and I did not figure it out!  I LOVE when an author gets one over on me!  

ON MY T.V.::  Binge watching:  The Dome on Amazon Prime 
*911
*The Resident 
*Grey's Anatomy
*SWAT
*All the Chicago shows 

MY MENU PLAN::  
Sunday:  TJs orange chicken & vegetable fried rice 
Monday:  Flatbread pizza 
Tuesday: Chicken jalapeno sausage with potatoes, peppers, and onions 
Wednesday: Chili w/ cornbread muffins 
Thursday: Veggie burgers and homemade french fries 
Friday: Garlic cod, green beans, brown rice 
Saturday: Cooking dinner @ dad's house - not yet sure what I'm making

TO-DO LIST:: 
*Wash dishes 
*Fold clothes 
*Hair, nails 
*Bible study 

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO::   I have a couple of people who I love that will be coming to visit me over the next few months!  

Short and sweet - I will do better next week! 

Have an amazingly blessed week! 

Sherry 






Comments

  1. Chicken jalapeno sausage sounds interesting. I'm hoping for a shorter to-do this next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts