Happy Homemaker Monday for March 9th, 2020


I am linking up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday

♥♥Ramblings♥♥  Has anyone tried Ibotta or Fetch Rewards?  I've been using them for about 2 months and I've earned a little over $40! Yesterday I got big boxes of Kellogg's cereal for 74 cents a box!  Prego spaghetti sauce for 49 cents - and last week I got some free yogurt, 1/2 price Quorn products and Boca burgers and Chik'n for more than 50% off.  3 lbs of free bananas too.  Just wondered if anyone else has used them.  


♥♥The Weather♥♥  It is sunny and will be almost 60 today!!  So excited.  Warmer weather is finally on the way! My cat is relishing sitting in the window warming himself! 


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥  I have a lot to do. A little overwhelmed - a little mad at myself for not getting more done yesterday! 
    

♥♥On my mind♥♥         I have rented a car and a condo for mid-April to spend my 50th with my bestest in New Hampshire.  I have 10 days off work and I'm super excited about it.  I can't say that the whole Corona Virus thing doesn't hang over the whole thing - who knows what things will be like in mid-April?  But I will remain optimistic.  
   

♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥   Chicken noodle soup  *shrug* 


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥   I just started Gabriel Garcia Marquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude for an online read-a-long.  You can read about it HERE.  


♥♥On my tv♥♥

  • Criminal Minds
  • When Calls the Heart
  • Call the Midwife
  • YouTube videos


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

Sunday - Shrimp Lo Mein (i got a great deal on shrimp @ Kroger!)
Monday - Lentils and Rice 
Tuesday - KFC bowls made with Boca Chik'n patties w/ green beans
Wednesday - Shrimp Fajitas n
Thursday -  Out for dinner - probably Pizza 
Friday - Pho noodle bowls using Trader Joe's Miso Ginger broth 
Saturday - Veggie burgers with sweet potato fries 


♥♥Looking around the house♥♥  Ahhhh you guys there is so much to do! BOTH of my daughters are not feeling well (I had stomach flu and now Jennah has it - Emily with stomach ache) so they are in bed today and this is usually our cleaning day (typing this up Sunday) So I am going to do what I can do and the rest will just have to wait until they are feeling better :) 

♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥  Today my least favorite chore will be dishes - as per usual!  lol 

♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥

  • Read
  • Bible study
  • Watch t.v. *shrug*  I'll admit I watch too much 
  • Write letters to my penpals 

      
♥♥On my prayer list♥♥  My heart is breaking for so many people the world over right now.  The people of Nashville who lost loved ones,  homes, and businesses.  I have family very close to Nashville, who I was very happy to hear from after I saw the news of the tornado!  The people in China where the hotel they were using for quarantining collapsed.  Pain on top of pain there.  The people of Iraq - so many kind, wonderful people living under a regime of evil and control - and on top of it the virus is running through them so quickly.  Italy - where Milan and Venice are under lockdown.  All of the families who have lost people here in the US - and those who are suffering.  The people who are on the THREE cruise ships that are hot spots.  People in the riots in India.  Our President and Vice President - they are coming under a lot of fire right now for many reasons.  My family and friends.  


♥♥Devotional/Bible Verse/Study♥♥  I am just about to start my next Bible study - Beth Moore's David study.  Super excited to start! 




Comments

  1. 60 degree weather sounds amazing! It's around the 40s and 50s where I live now, but I am aching for the weather to get just that little bit warmer. I'm wishing you good health & happiness during this time, and I hope for the best for your April trip! I am a college student and my university was recently closed to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so I can understand your worry. Have a lovely week :)

    claire @ clairefy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts