Happy Homemaker Monday - Late As Usual

 

I'm linking up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday! 

I've been really depressed for the past couple of months.  I'm trying to work through it and I am doing what I think is right, but I can't seem to shake it.  There is so much GOOD in my life right now.  So many blessings.  I see them and I am grateful for them.  I am not taking anything for granted.  But I still feel empty and sad in my heart and soul. 


My youngest and I (Emily, 21) are currently vacationing in New Hampshire.  We are staying with my best friend for 9 days.  My Goddaughter is getting married on the 28th.  I'm so happy for her.  I am very excited to see everyone and be able to spend time with my bestie.  I'm hopeful that it will bring me to a brighter place. 


The weather::: 

The weather is typical Michigan August.  Mid 80's - 90's, humid, and afternoon thunderstorms.  We had a huge storm last week that blew out electricity in 900,000 homes.  I was fortunate enough to have electricity, but my Internet was down for 2 days and I had to miss work.  
 
 
On the Breakfast Plate::: 

Oatmeal with blueberries and a tablespoon of almond butter.  YUM! 

On my reading pile::: 

 I absolutely HATE to say that I haven't been reading much of anything this summer.  I hope to change that once the weather changes.  I've just been depressed and tired and just getting done what I have to do each day. 
 
On my TV:::  

 Just finished Monthly Home Magazine (K-Drama) 
Starting Backstreet Rookie tonight (K-Drama) 
Days of Our Lives
You-Tubers 
 
On the menu for this week::: 
 
Monday -   Went out with my boss and bestie. Had linguine with shrimp and scallops.  YUM! 
Tuesday -   Pizza and Soju 
Wednesday -  BBQ cauliflower "wings" with rice and veggies 
Thursday -   Probably out
Friday -  Also probably out 
 
 
I am thankful for:: 

Absolutely so many things.  
*Have a relationship with Jesus in a country where I am free to do so
*My wonderful sweet heart Jeff, finding the love of my life right when I stopped looking
*My family and friends are so supportive and wonderful
*All of my family recovered from COVID
*I was able to spend last weekend with Jeff
*I am  spending 9 days with my best friend in New Hampshire
*I have a job that keeps the bills paid and refrigerator full
*I have 3 awesome cats who keep me happy when nothing else can 

On my to do list::: 

WEDNESDAY:  Work 8-4.  Emily has a hair appt at 3. Run errands. 
THURSDAY:  Nail appointment for wedding nails. Errands. 
FRIDAY:  Wedding stuff!  
SATURDAY:  WEDDING DAY!  
SUNDAY/MONDAY:  Driving back to Detroit.
 
 
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::: 

Absolutely nothing.  HOWEVER - I do plan on learning to crochet in 2022!  Once I kick this depression I want to get another junk journal completely made.  I have everything I need to put it together.  Just not the will or patience I guess!  I'd really like to do them regularly once I'm settled and don't feel in flux.  
 
Looking around the house::: 

At my bestie's house.  She has a huge front window and she has squirrels. chipmunks, bunnies and so many different birds that visit.  It is SO NICE!  All types of finches, 2 types of woodpeckers, nuthatches, titmice, bluejays, and a couple other that I haven't identified. 
 
 
Something fun to share::: 

 Well I don't know if it is "fun" - but it was definitely fun to see.  NH didn't get touched by Hurricane Henri much, but the waves and wind were up for a couple of days.  It was surprising and fun to see how many surfers were out!  I was really shocked to see dozens and dozens of them out in the wind and rain - catching waves. 



 
On my prayer list::: 

Praying for Afghanistan.  I can't even imagine the terror they are feeling right now.  
Praying for Haiti.  Just total devastation. So heart breaking. 
For my Goddaughter's upcoming marriage on the 28th
For a safe road trip back home for Emily and myself 
For our country, my family and friends.  For this worldwide pandemic to finally get under control. 
 
Bible verse, Devotional::: 



Comments

  1. Hi Sherry ☀️
    I'm so sorry you're struggling right now. I think any feelings you have are valid and doesn't even need to be a specific reason. I think it's so good that you're aware of it. I pray you're able to work through things...or maybe even seek therapy if needed. I have done that a few times in the past and it helped me tremendously. Biggest hugs!
    It probably doesn't help that the world seems to be suffering everywhwere. My prayers have been on overdrive. Lol
    I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy the wedding. Wishing you smooth safe travels.
    Very cool about the surfers! I bet it's primo weather for them with the waves like that. Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that the wedding and the vacation are just what you need to bring you out of your funk. I think the past 18 months are weighing heavily on all of us with a overwhelming feeling of uncertainty. Know you are not alone. Have fun at the wedding and safe travels. BTW August 28th was my grandparents wedding anniversary and they had a long and happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depression is hard, I'm so sorry you are dealing with it right now. A Saturday in late August is a great time to get married (my anniversary is the 29th ;) Many happy prayers and wishes to your goddaughter. And prayers that your depression lifts and you feel like yourself again very soon. Enjoy that time away and wedding weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts