Happy Homemaker Thursday & A Book Update

 



I am linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday! 


♥♥ The Weather ♥♥  

Today is partly cloudy and 61.  Nice enough in my opinion!  We have a week ahead of upper 60's - 70's and sun.  I am looking forward to it! 

♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
I just set up my new suet feeder (looks like a little house with a brass roof) and swept the balcony.  Getting ready to get some plants out there next week.  There is a group of kids cleaning up the park across the street as well. 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 

♥♥ How I am feeling ♥♥ 
I am feeling beyond fatigued.  I went to the doctor on Tuesday. My labs are all pretty good.  My thyroid is a hair within the normal range - so she will most likely increase my thyroid meds.  She's ordered a sleep study too.  I can't help but think it's something else though. I've had sleep apnea for over 20 years and I have never felt like this before.  Menopause isn't helping!  :/  

♥♥ On my reading pile: What I finished ♥




I just finished reading and annotating Les Miserables.  It is now positioned at #2 of my all-time favorites, behind Gone with the Wind, which will never lose the #1 spot. 5/5  (*Real book) 




I finished "The Paris Apartment" by Lucy Foley.  This was my first time reading her work.  It was very twisty and kinda dark.  I did like it and gave it 4*. (*E-book from the library)




I also finished two Colleen Hoover books.  They might not be for everyone, but they give you all the *feels*.  She's a good writer, but some of her books cover very tough topics.  She's a good character writer as well, which really draws me into her books. (*borrowed e-books from library) 








♥♥ On my reading pile: Reading now ♥


*I just started reading and annotating "Anna Karenina"  I've already seen the Vivian Lee version last month and I LOVED IT SO MUCH.  I'm a few chapters in and the writing is
superbly beautiful! (*Real book) 












*About 20% finished with Colleen Hoover's Confess 



*Also just starting today The Book of Cold Cases by Simone St. James 




 
♥♥ On my TV ♥♥
 
TV
*Outlander - watching with my sweetheart!  He's really enjoying it too. 
*American Song Contest 
*Days of our Lives
*Chicago PD
*YouTube
*BBC version of Les Mis - very good! 

MOVIES
*Les Mis 2012 - I liked it much, much more now that I've read the book! 
*War of the Worlds - Tom Cruise - I liked it better than I thought I would! 
 

♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 
Sunday - White chicken chili 
Monday -  Leftovers 
Tuesday -  Homemade vegetable soup with cheese tortellini
Wednesday - Jeff picked up Chinese food 



Friday -  Chicken nuggets and fries?  LOL  Not sure yet! 
Saturday -  Lemon garlic angel hair pasta with shrimp and broccoli
MOTHER'S DAY: Cooking out bbq chicken, corn on the cob, green beans, mini red potatoes and green salad - Jeff is making homemade bread (or rolls) 

 
 
♥♥ To do list ♥♥
*Spring cleaning
   - Murphy's Oil Soap on all the beautiful wood in this house
   - Cleaning windows 
   - Prettying up the balcony 
   - Organizing my food storage containers, need to get rid of the plethora of containers with lids and lids without containers! 

Sunday we are going to meet with Jeff's family to celebrate his mom.  She's a great lady!  I hope to call her mother-in-law someday in the future! After we are going to go to my dad's to cookout and probably play some Uno! 
 
 
♥♥  Planning/Writing/Journaling/Creating ♥♥
 It's been slow going with how fatigued I've been lately! 
 
♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
Needs the spring cleaning!  Organizing - switching things up a bit 
 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥

 
 
♥♥  Prayer List ♥♥
My Dad as always.  His congestive heart failure and kidney failure is under control at the moment but now he's having trouble keeping his blood pressure up.  Getting lightheaded and dizzy, had a couple of minor falls. 

So much going on around the world - prayers for my local people going through hard times, difficulties across the country - prayers that certain changes are made in government - watching and praying with the people of Ukraine.  Just. SO. Much. 
 
 
♥♥ Today's Devotional/Bible Verse ♥♥



Comments

  1. Hope you get some answers about your fatigue soon. I have The Paris Apartment on hold at the library (long waiting list), so glad to hear you liked it! Sorry to be so late this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm so very late to say hello. I hope you've been having a wonderful week. And that you're feeling better and getting the answers you're looking for my Friend. Prayers for a very blessed and bright weekend ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts