Happy Homemaker Monday

Join me at Diary of a SAHM's Happy Homemaker Monday! 

 

Hello, ladies.  I hope you are all doing well.  I am so glad that it is Autumn!  I have been TRYING to do a "no spend".  I did great the first week, spent nothing except for some groceries and gas (both allowed, of course!)  Two days into this week and I have already purchased a pizza (but with a 15% off coupon lol) and bought some dividers for my Prayer Bible (again had a credit from my Amazon Chase card so got them for free) AND bought an e-book for 99 cents last night, but it was on such a good sale, I couldn't pass it up.  I NEED RESTRAINT! 

Also, my fiancé, Jeff, is sick.  He's been nauseous and vomiting for months.  I took him to the gastroenterologist last week and they set him up for an EGD.  He's anemic because he is throwing up blood.  I am really afraid of cancer as his brother died of pancreatic cancer just two years ago.  I am hoping it is an ulcer or something else, but it is weighing heavily on both of us.  He is weak and hasn't been able to do much of anything due to the nausea. 
 

The Weather:::
 
Monday - Upper 60's and cloudy
Tuesday - 68 and rain
Wednesday - 65 and rain
Thursday - 66 and rain
Friday - 71 and partly sunny
Saturday - 74 and partly sunny
Sunday - And then 4 days near 80 and partly sunny to sunny!  BLAH!!!!!!!! 


As I look outside my window:::

The kids are getting out of the nearby schools.  There is a hhigh schoolacross the park from me and an elementary school at the corner.  Traffic is busy but there is a lot of laughter with the kids playing and walking home. 


Right now I am:::
I'm working. I have an hour left, so I am going to type this up between sending emails! 

Thinking and pondering:::
SO many things.  A lot of worries in this world lately.  But I am trying to keep my eyes fixed on God! 


On my bedside table:::
Oh, it is a mess.  I've been re-organizing my writing room and my war room!  YES, I have a war room.  More on that next week when it should be done. But next to my bed is the bookshelf still, some books, lots of pens, headphones, my Hosanna Revival 5 Years of Prayer Journal, and always my Kindle. 


On my tv this week:::
YouTube Videos
Days of Our Lives

Listening to:::
On Spotify, listening to the Christian Road Trip PlayList 2022.  Good stuff!         


On the lunch plate:::
Leftover Pizza.  SIGH. 
 

On the dinner plate:::
No idea. Mondays are hard right now. 
 

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Unknown. 
Wednesday - Chickpea Tikka Masala with Jasmine Rice
Thursday - Greek Pasta recipe I saw on Instagram (I will share if good)
Friday - Caesar Salad Potatoes (another Insta recipe)
Saturday - Dad's house to cook some freezer meals for us both including bean soup
Sunday - Enchilada Casserole 
 
 
On my reading pile:::
I finished "Carrie Soto is Back" by Taylor Jenkins Reid and it was really good! 4.5*  I borrowed this one from the library. 

I am now reading "The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip" by Sara Brunsvold.  It is SO GOOD.  I'm about 70% done, so I will update next week. I purchased this one, but I had $6 in Kindle credits so I got it really cheap! 

On my to do list:::
MONDAY:  Work, take Jennah to her class, gas station, writing class, stop at Dad's
TUESDAY: Work
WEDNESDAY: Work, writing class, 

Every Day Tasks:::
I am finally back on track with my Morning Routine.  I get up before work, work in my daily planner while I listen to a video from Steven Furtick or Joyce Meyer, read the day's reading from the Grace Bible Reading Plan, work on my Proverbs study (or whatever study I'm doing) I have prayer time (this is something I am focusing on right now) and some days I write Morning Pages. 

I am doing the "Couch to 80K Writing Boot Camp" daily - it goes for eight weeks. 

I also have a P.M. Routine that I am TRYING to establish!  And some self-care because the Lord knows, that is not happening right now.  

Of course there is a lot of kitty care going on, checking my flowers and plants, cooking, a little cleaning, etc. 


What I am creating:::
I'm working on a lot of things, really. I've been doing a lot of writing.  Next year I hope to publish a Christian thriller, a Bible Study, and a Christmas novella.  That takes up a lot of my time outside of work, but I love it.  I'm also starting a Christian newsletter (more on that next week - God just placed it on my mind!) 
 

My simple pleasure:::
   Looking out my windows to the park across the street or my backyard and seeing the beginnings of the change in color on the leaves. 


Looking around the house:::
As I mentioned earlier, I've made a few changes.  And we have more changes to come.  Jacob is supposed to be moving out next month but Jennah is moving back in.  Now Jennah was always the one I expected to live with me or near me her entire life due to her anxiety and autism issues.  She's book brilliant but common sense/street smart not.so.much - which is very common with autism. I'm putting her in the room Jacob is in, which was Emily's room.  That way I can keep my writing room in the back of the house - I have an amazing view of the backyard and a balcony.  We NEVER and I do mean NEVER use the dining room - so I have made that into my war room.  Or I am currently making it into my war room!  I do my Bible Reading, Prayer Journal, Praying, etc in there.  It's full of things I love, books and crafting supplies and seasoning decorations.  My rocking chair and yes, the dining room table!  But it makes for a great study/craft table. Plus my plants are in there and I have a beautiful view of the park across the street. 


From the camera:::


This is my Sammy.  He is almost always by my side.  This is his spot in my War Room



 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::
I'm in Proverbs 8 today:


Comments

  1. Hoping nothing serious with your fiancé, wishing him a swift recovery. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are looking forward to finding out what is going on!

      Delete
  2. Prayers for it to be nothing too serious with your fiance. Sounds like you have quite a lot going on over there. Nothing wrong with pizza, fresh or leftover. Hope you have a great week and that some of your worries are lifted away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Life would be pretty sad without pizza! LOL

      Delete
  3. Getting here late this week. Sure up Jeff is feeling better and you have some answers soon. I LOVE the idea of a "war room" and your cat is quite settled in it appears. Hope your week went well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts