Happy Homemaker Monday June 22, 2015





The weather outside is::::
Today is in the 80s and muggy.  I <3 Michigan, but I do not love the humidity :/ 

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
For breakfast today dare I say I ate beefaroni for breakfast? Yikes.

As I look outside my window:::
Outside everything is nice and green.  I saw a pretty cardinal on my laundry line yesterday, it was so pretty :)

Right now I am::::
The kids and I are at my mom's house right now!  We are going to have a bbq - steak and veggies.  

As I look around the house::::
Well, we are at my mom's house - so there is vintage-inspired floral wallpaper in the living room, white and blue kitchen, lavender mini-wreaths hanging on a cherry armoire in the dining room, floral plates on the wall and my family gathered around. 
On today's to do list::::
TO DO:
Most of it is already done!  Shopping for Jennah's birthday!  She will be 19 tomorrow!  

Currently reading::::
I am reading a few books.  
The Purge of Babylon (a dystopian novel) 
Spring Meadow Sanctuary by Lynette Bonner - 4th in The Shepherd's Heart series (so good!) 
Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman 

On the TV today::::
I'm watching:
Still binge-watching Alphas on Netflix.  Almost done and I have no idea what to watch next!  Hawaii 5-0? Scandal?  Blue Bloods? Any suggestions? 

On the menu this week::::
Monday: Chinese food for Jennah's 19th birthday!  Red velvet cake w/ cream cheese frosting. 
Tuesday:  Burgers and onions rings cucumber salad
Wednsday:  Chicken on the GF grill, roasted Brussels sprouts and rice 
Thursday: Frito burritos and green salad 
Friday: Chicken and stuffing with green beans 
Saturday:  Parents' house for dinner 
Sunday: Pork chops, roasted veggies and green beans 


Favorite blog posts or pins from this week:::

Being the mom of teen daughters is not for the faint of heart (Pinterest) 

25 free vintage printable floral images (so gorgeous!) Pinterest 




In our homeschool:

Emily has been sick most of the week; cough, headache, runny nose and sore throat.  She's done minimal schooling.  I printed off a bunch of stuff this week for history and biology, so hopefully she'll be able to catch up this week and get to the more fun stuff! 


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
Proverbs 1: 7-9

Fearing the Lord is the beginning of moral knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Listen, my child, to the instruction from your father,
and do not forsake the teaching from your mother.
For they will be like an elegant garland on your head,
and like pendants around your neck.

Comments

  1. I love a good dystopian novel, may have to check out the one you are reading. Of the Netflix shows you listed, I'd pick Hawaii 5-0 although my taste runs a bit different and I'm still binge watching (slowly) Burn Notice. If you like dystopian television as well as books, I'd suggest Jericho if you haven't already seen it. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts