Happy Homemaker and Menu Plan Monday June 29th, 2015




The weather outside is::::
Today is PERFECT!  Yesterday we had flooding rains, wind and upper 50s-lower60s!!!  Today is all sunshine and gorgeous upper 70s.  

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Nothing yet.  I'm going to have breakfast "hash" - eggs, turkey sausage and simply potatoes 

As I look outside my window:::
The tiger lilies are in bloom.  They remind me of my grandfather.  HIS mother had tiger lilies and he transplanted them to his house and then later to my mother's house.  The ones here aren't transplants from there since this is a rental, but they still remind me of my grandparents!  

Right now I am::::
Getting a lot of laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc done.  Yesterday I lazed around ALL DAY binge watching and binge reading while I listened to my shell chimes on my front porch go wild in the wind.  The whole day was dark and rainy and good for nothing else! 

As I look around the house::::
Um, it's a mess.  But I'm working on that today!!! 

On today's to do list::::
TO DO:
Finish all laundry
General picking up and cleaning
Dishes
Fill bird feeders
Dye Em's hair purple (yeah yeah) 
Cook ahead hash for work breakfasts
Separate bulk boneless, skinless chicken breast into freezer meals 
Sweep and mop kitchen floor
Sweep/vacuum living room 
Lesson Plan 
MAYBE go to the store - but I'd rather just stay home! 
More........etc etc etc

Currently reading::::
I am reading a few books.  
The Gates of Byzantium (2nd in dystopian series by Sam Sisavath) almost finished
Still slow-reading The Poisonwood Bible (I "slow-read" one novel, savoring my favorites) 
Haven't finished Spring Meadow Sanctuary yet - but finish this in a day or two 
Then I plan to finish reading Pigeon English 



On the TV today::::
I'm watching:
I finished binge-watching Alphas.  I wish it wouldn't have ended the way it did and I will miss a couple of the characters, especially the autistic computer genius.  Loved him! 
Now binge-watching "Lie to Me" - and loving it!  



On the menu this week::::
Sunday: Tonight it's garlic thyme chicken on the GF grill with sauteed veggies and brown rice 
Monday:  Blackened tilapia taco bowls (using bulgur) 


Tuesday:  Burger wraps  with oven-roasted root veggies
Wednsday:  Mom's house for dinner
Thursday: Mediterranean grilled chicken with dill yogurt sauce  brown rice and cucumber salad


Friday: Skinny Taste's oven fried breaded pork chops  with bulgur pilaf and brussels sprouts 


Saturday: Mom's house for dinner


Lunches:  The girls will have sandwiches and/or soup, leftovers.  I'll be bringing Lentils with Brown Rice and Feta to work with me.  



Favorite blog posts or pins from this week:::

Establishing a Reading Culture in Your Home 


From Good Morning Girls:  Two Words I've Never Heard in a Bible Study 

Listening to:
I looked up the top 100 songs in Greece right now (see below as to WHY) and I made a playlist on Youtube.  I'm listening to groups such as: The Avener, Fly Project and Feder.  

Currently Working On Or Creating: 

I am working on a novel.  It takes place (mostly) in a small fishing village in Milos, Greece.  I'm following along with A Novel Idea @ Going Reno.  Well, at least as far as she has finished the challenge!  If I follow my time schedule, I should have a first draft around Christmas.  

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

2 Timothy 3 

“Difficult Times Will Come”

But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, [a]haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited,lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of [b]godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a busy week and a great menu. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts