Happy Homemaker Monday for July 13th, 2015



The weather outside is::::
Upper 70s but very humid today.  Humidity is NOT my friend! 






On the breakfast plate this morning::::
I didn't have breakfast this morning :(  

As I look outside my window:::
I live in a typical working-class neighborhood.  Small-ish houses with hard-working families inside.  My block has a lot of kids on it, which I like! 

Right now I am::::
Taking a break from cleaning.  Laundry is going, dishes are soaking in the sink.  Jennah is vacuuming.  

As I look around the house::::
I always see things that need to be done!  I'll be moving out of this house at the end of February.  I really do love this little house, but we need something bigger.  I wish the attic was a bedroom and we'd be set! 

TO DO::::
Today:
Friend's son's graduation party
Finish all laundry
General picking up and cleaning
Dishes
Make some bulgur for lunch tomorrow (with leftover lemon pepper turkey)
Work on my novel
Read
THIS WEEK:  
Dr. appt tomorrow morning - getting a shot for my sciatic :/  Hope it works! 
Work
Lesson Plan 

Currently reading::::
I am reading a few books.  
Still slow-reading The Poisonwood Bible (I "slow-read" one novel, savoring my favorites) 
Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe by Max Lucado 


Voyage by Elisa Barr
Atlantis Gene by A. G. Riddle 


On the TV today::::
I'm watching:
Now binge-watching "Lie to Me" - and loving it!  Into the 3rd (last) season though.  Not sure what will be next. 



On the menu this week::::
Sunday: Tonight it's Italian sausage and Greek orzo salad 
Monday:  Spaghetti with meatballs and green salad 
Tuesday:  BBQ chicken with rice and green beans 
Wednsday:  Lemon pepper tilapia with roasted root vegetables and salad
Thursday: Easy chicken burritos with avocado, chips and salsa 




FridaySkinny Taste's oven fried breaded pork chops  with bulgur pilaf and corn on the cob


Saturday: Mom's house for dinner


Lunches:  The girls will have sandwiches and/or soup, leftovers.  I'll be bringing either leftovers, salad with grilled chicken or flat-out wrap sandwich with fruit and yogurt. 


Favorite blog posts or pins from this week:::



Currently Working On Or Creating: 
Plugging away at research for my novel.  It's a strange process - I'm always thinking about my characters and plot lines, etc.  It feels good to be creative.  

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


Comments

Popular Posts