Happy Homemaker Monday August 10, 2015



First of all, I'd like to say happy birthday to Sandra!!!  How nice that it falls on a Happy Homemaker Monday :) 






The weather outside is:::: Right now it is in the low 70s.  Michigan has been having a pretty mild summer!  I love it myself :)  We are going to get some thunderstorms this afternoon!  I just love thunderstorms.  They pair perfectly with a cup of tea, a cute kitty and a book!  





On the breakfast plate this morning:::: I haven't had any breakfast yet.  If I am not at work, I am terrible about having breakfast at a decent time!  I will probably have an egg on a whole grain English muffin.  


As I look outside my window::: I can see the neighbors' flowers in hues of pink.  The man across the street always spend a lot of time on his yard and it is perfect.  Mine never even compares! 




Right now I am:::: Blissfully enjoying a Monday at home!!!  My bosses are on vacation so I am taking a long weekend.  


As I look around the house:::: I have a lot to get done today.  I see my kitty cleaning himself, some clutter and a floor that needs to be vacuumed! 


TO DO::::

  1. Vacuum living and dining room
  2. Wash dishes
  3. Two loads laundry
  4. Give the kitchen a good scrub
  5. Try out my new cleaning supplies 
  6. Watch some You Tube videos
  7. Read
  8. Hopefully get THE BOY to cut the grass before it rains
  9. Prep lunch and breakfast for the next few days
  10. Clean the fridge



Currently reading::::  I haven't been reading a lot in the past month.  I go in spurts, it's weird.  I'm reading Stephen King's "Heart's In Atlantis" 





On the TV today:::: Last night I finished binge-watching the American version of "Being Human".  Really liked it.  Not sure what I am on to next.  Any suggestions?  


On the menu this week:::: We have a lot of family things going on this week!  My mom's birthday, my sister's, and my dad is driving from Michigan to Las Vegas!  He does this about every 2 years.  He loves the drive itself (I am the same).  He always gets homesick about 5 days in!  lol 


Monday:  FREEZER MEAL:  Teriyaki chicken (Crockpot meal) over brown rice & extra veggies 
Tuesday:  Spaghetti & meatballs with salad 
Wednsday: Mom's house for dinner 
Thursday: Grilled chicken with Brussels sprouts and carrots, bulgur pilaf 
FridayCalzones - by kid request!  
Saturday: Mom's house for dinner - Mom's birthday! 
Sunday: Sister's birthday!  


Breakfasts: Overnight oats, healthified breakfast sandwiches
Lunches:  Grilled chicken wrap, salad in a jar, leftovers 


Favorite blog posts, video or pins from this week:::

I am still obsessed with YouTube videos!  Here is another of my favs: 







Currently Working On Or Creating: Really not much of anything :/ 


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::




This is for a woman I know from my old church.  She is a light unto Him.  She is a mom to three girls, a lovely woman of God, a good wife, active in the church community and all-around beautiful woman.  She is in the hospital after open-heart surgery.  She is YOUNG and has so much life left to live.  She is in my prayers and I hope she will be in yours too! 

Comments

  1. Great menu plan! Busy week with family but sounds wonderful. Have fun!

    Renee' My HHM post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flowers! My neighbor has gorgeous ones too, but I'm working on mine! I'm also majorly OCD :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, busy week for you! The flowers are beautiful. I never have luck with mine except the wildflower type that I'm not even sure I planted. I like to just enjoy the neighbor's yard as well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts