Happy Homemaker Monday - Two Weeks in One!

 

I am linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday! 


The weather:::   

 Last week: As is normal for this time of year, it is up and down between the upper 40s and lower 30s.  We have had some sunny days though, and they have been nice. 

This week: This morning (Sunday) is supposed to be our last cold day. And it is snowing!  But we are going up to 40 so it will melt.  Up to near 70 on St. Patrick's Day! 


On my reading pile:::   

LAST WEEK:  I finished "Evelina" by Frances Burney and "In the Clearing" by Robert Dugoni.  I also finished "Persuasion" for an Instagram read-a-long. 

Starting tomorrow I will be delving into:  Les Miserables!  I haven't read this before.  I am reading with a bunch of Instagrammers from several different countries.  I'm very excited for it! 

THIS WEEK:  I am starting now about 300 pages in to Les Mis and I am LOVING it!  I also started "Lark Rise to Candleford" as well.  I loved watching the series and looking forward to getting further in this book. 



My next audio book is on hold for the moment. 

I almost forgot!  I read the cutest book on homekeeping!  A Year of Puttery Treats by Alison May. 
It's an ebook, available on Kindle Unlimited. 



 
On my TV:::   

 MOVIES FOR 3 WEEKS: 
* The Vivian Leigh version of Anna Karenina - I loved it! I can't wait to read it though. 
* "Blended" with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler - such a cute movie
* "Beloved" with Oprah Winfrey - wow that was a ride!  It's dark and twisty, emotional and suspenseful.  Creative and the acting is so good! I wanted to listen to the audiobook but it was too deep to listen to while working. 
* 48 Hours 
*The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio - HARSH!  The bear scene is WOW!!!!!!! 
*Red Dawn - both the original and the remake.  Both were good and unfortunately, timely

TV
* Days of Our Lives
* A couple YouTubers
*Bulgasal  the current Korean series I'm watching with my bestie (it's very good) 
*Way too much CNN and Fox News 

 
On the menu for this week::: 

 

Sunday - Orange chicken, fried rice, potstickers and Asian salad 
Monday -   Cheese tortellini with broccoli and salad
Tuesday -   Beef and bean burritos with Spanish rice 
Wednesday -  Dinner @ Dad's - Game Night
Thursday -   Corned beef & Cabbage @ Dad's
Friday -  Unstuffed cabbage with green beans
Saturday - Pork roast, cheddar broccoli rice, cauliflower
 
 
On my to do list:::   
Water flowers
Fold clothes
Empty garbage
Clean up office 
Get package together for Poshmark
 
 
What I am planning/journaling/writing:::  
I'm studying Mary Magdalene this month. 
 
Looking around the house:::  
Cluttered!  Need to do some reorganizing and spring cleaning! 
 
From the camera::: 

I got 8 inches cut off my hair and brought it back to my natural color.  I messed around with my hair a LOT over the last year!  It was blonde, then red, then blondish red, then red, then black (accident!).  

 
 
What I sold on Poshmark (last 2) weeks::: 

1. A pair of Alfani gold wedge sandals
2. A gorgeous Coldwater Creek wool skirt 
3. A pair of American Eagle jeans
4. A Cabi maxi dress 

I haven't been doing much with Poshmark as I have been working a ton of OT at my main job. 

 
On my prayer list::: 

 As with just about everyone I am sure - praying for Ukraine and her people.  
Praying for my Dad's upcoming cardioversion 
Our world, which feels very scary right now







 
Bible verse, Devotional::: 

Studying with HBMinistries.com  This months' Bible study is about makeovers.  You can check her out on YouTube as well (see below) 




Comments

  1. I've never heard of an Instagram read along, sounds intriguing. Downloaded the housekeeping book, looked fun. Thanks for sharing that. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added the housekeeping book to my 'to-read list' .
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts