Happy Homemaker Monday


                       Join Sandra at Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday!

I do not like tax season y'all. I'm too northern to use y'all - but it's what I feel in my soul 😂 I'm first gen northerner, so it's in my blood. Worked a bit of overtime - not much - but got beat up most days, lol. Friday I was able to work on the AI bot testing and I felt much more in the zone. I love being able to work with new ideas, come up with ways to fix problems, and be a part of a team and feel like my work matters, you know? Praying my work will be noticed and I'll get the opportunity to move to a different department with a job I love. ❤

The weather.....

MONDAY: 25 & cloudy

TUESDAY: 37 & cloudy

WEDNESDAY: 30 & chance of snow

THURSDAY: 28 & cloudy

FRIDAY: 28 & partly sunny

SATURDAY: 29 & partly sunny

SUNDAY: 33 & partly sunny

Right now I am....

Watching an update on the Nancy Guthrie kidnapping. Heart breaking. I'm also taking a break from meal prepping.

Thinking....

About spring! I have been planning on starting some flowers and maybe a couple of veggies by seed soon.

On my reading pile....

  • Reading & enjoying a chapter a day of War & Peace.

  • Reading the Yada Yada series each day at lunch.

  • I purchased and I am going to start reading "Holier Than Thou" by Jackie Hill Perry

On my TV.....

YouTube

I watched some 20/20, Dateline this week

Blog hopping (newly discovered blog or YT channel)....

On the menu for this week....

BREAKFASTS: Egg & plant sausage "mcmuffins" with fruit

LUNCHES: Chickpea salad sandwiches on toast

MONDAY: Taco chili with rice

TUESDAY: Baked rigatoni

WEDNESDAY: Shrimp burritos w/ tator tots

THURSDAY: Chicken Caesar salad wrap

FRIDAY: WW Shrimp scampi whole wheat linguini from Drizzle Me Skinny

SATURDAY: Barefoot Contessa Pasta y Fagiole with crusty rolls (bringing some to Dad)

SUNDAY: Red beans & rice (from freezer)

On my to do list....

In the craft basket....

I wanted to get around to making some mixed media Scripture cards - maybe I still will.

Looking forward to this week....

I am praying that the warmer day we're h aving will melt the snow enough that I can get out and gofor several walks this week!!!

Looking around the house....

I never have enough time to keep things up. I try. Work just zaps my will and it's so hard to do anything after 8 hours of using your brain. At least it is for me. Loving my growing plant collection!!!

From the camera: 

Two sunrises from last week


Current Bible study - King David


Isn't he just the cutest?

Bible Binder and zipper pouch from The James Method

Yes - updated old lady pic of me

On my prayer list.....

  • My stb brother-in-law still struggling with issues from his recent double stroke

  • My good friend's mom, Ruth, recovering from a traumatic injury and surgery after a fall

  • My father, who has an infection and difficulty walking

  • My sister who has advanced cirrhosis, having an MRI on the 20th

  • My daughter, Emily. She says she's ok, but I have had FOUR bad dreams about her over the past 10 days. Mother's intuition that something is going on. She's not much of a sharer.

  • Prayers for Nancy Guthrie and her family. You can see how tortured Savannah is.

Bible verse, Devotional....

This was the Scripture that I opened my Bible up to this morning and studied. It was then the Scripture of the day on YouVersion. James 1: 2-4

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Comments

  1. I can't believe that Nancy Guthrie is still missing. I wonder if the sister is involved since she seems to be that last one to see her. I can't imagine how Savannah must feel. I pray that if she is still alive she is found soon. Who would want to harm a woman at that age and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. I'm watching a report right now. My heart just goes out to Savannah! I can feel her pain. It takes a special kind of evil to hurt/kidnap an elderly woman!!!

      Delete
  2. I keep praying so hard for the Gutherie family. It's just unbelieveable! I keep praying for this world - ugh! King David is so adorable - as are YOU! Have I told you that you look like a blonde Valerie Bertinelli? Because you do. 😍 Also those sunrise photos are stunning!! Blessings on your week (& with taxes fun - blech 😂) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Monday Book Report

The Monday Book Report, Edition #3

Happy Homemaker Monday August 27th, 2018