Happy Homemaker Monday - Memorial Day 2015

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!!  

The weather outside is::::
Today is lovely. I'm typing this up on Sunday - as is my routine! - it is in the upper 70s and although cloudy, it is still quite nice! The kids and I will be going to my family's house for a bbq.  Tomorrow the possibility of rain is in the forecast, so we decided to celebrate a day early. 

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
For breakfast today do I dare admit I ate leftover pasta?  Yeah, well I did.  

As I look outside my window:::
Outside there is some sun and also some clouds.  

Right now I am::::
Trying to decide what to clean first!  There is a lot to do.  My oldest (Jennah, 18) had her friend stay over for 2 nights and the house is definitely a wreck!!  

As I look around the house::::
Again, I see mess!  Dishes to be washed, clothes to be folded and put away, dusting to be done, ACK!!!  I should be cleaning, not blogging!  ;D 
On today's to do list::::
TO DO:  UMMMM CLEAN!!!  lol 

  1. Dishes
  2. Laundry
  3. Jennah - dusting & vacuuming
  4. Emily - Clean bathroom
  5. Water flowers
  6. Check bird feeders
  7. Parents' for bbq @ 4
  8. School work in the evening (this works best for us) & watch an episode of America: The Story of Us

Currently reading::::
I am reading a scary murder mystery book called Left to Die by Lisa Jackson.  I picked up a bunch of books for my Kindle yesterday.  If you are interested, you can read all about it HERE!  

On the TV this week::::  Here's what is coming to Netflix in June! 
This week I will be watching: 
Orphan Black
When Comes the Heart
Scandal on Netflix 

On the menu this week::::
MONDAY:  Memorial Day - we're celebrating with family on Sunday.  Monday we're going to have Copycat Olive Garden chicken parmesan with linguini, Caesar salad and steamed broccoli.  


WEDNESDAY:  Going to my mom's for dinner 

THURSDAY: Italian Sausage Tortellini with a side of green beans 



FRIDAY:  Beef and broccoli over rice 



SATURDAY:  Going to parents' for family dinner 








In our homeschool: Here are a couple posts from my HS blog: 
Memorial Day with Teenagers 
Edgar Allen Poe Mini Unit 
10 Netflix Movies for Homeschooling High School 

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
There is a new online Bible study starting @ Women Living Well on June 15th.  It follows the Book of Proverbs and they will devote 5 days to an in depth study of Proverbs 31.  Looking forward to starting this! 

Comments

Popular Posts