Fridge Friday & Bible Study

Welcome to Ubiquitous Grace!

I had names for this blog tumbling around in my head all day.  I finally woke up from a muscle-relaxer-induced nap (more on that in a minute) with the words "ubiquitous grace" in my head.  I wasn't even completely positive exactly what ubiquitous meant, so I looked it up: "existing, or being everywhere, omnipresent" - Dictionary.com.  How perfect.  God's grace is everywhere I look, so in honor of Him - the name of my new blog!

I haven't blogged regularly in some time.  I am glad to be back!

This morning on Fox News I heard one of the reporters talking about "fridge friday".  The theme of the slot on the show was about how much food that the typical American wastes.  Apparently overall, 40% of all food gets wasted at some point between production and us throwing it into our garbage cans.  So fridge friday is something this reporter does in order to use up what's in his fridge instead of throwing it out.  I've decided to try it out!

Here's what's in my fridge that needs to be used up:

Mushrooms
Shredded cabbage
Green onions
bag of spinach
1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce
ground sausage

I think that's it!  I'm thinking either an Italian vegetable and sausage soup or a veggie-heavy baked pasta.  I'll post what I decided to make in my next post.

I've been following along with the Proverbs 31 Ministries current Bible study, "When Women Walk in Faith" - and it has been great so far.  We're in the second week. You can still join up at Proverbs 31.

Another one of my favorite sites is Good Morning Girls.  Below is a video on the SOAK study method.  I love how she uses different colors for individual subject matter!  My Bible is just a hodge podge.



And in case you want to do the color-coded Bible - here is a pdf of the codes:  COLORS

Sorry about the hodge podge post - but I'll get back into the swing of things!

Have a great weekend,

Sherry

ps  I'm on anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers because I was just diagnosed with sciatica.  :/



Comments

Popular Posts