Happy Homemaker Monday January 22nd, 2018



THE WEATHER::  Upper 30s, lower 40s.  Lots of rain.  Eh.  I don't like the in-between weather. 

RIGHT NOW I AM:: Meal prepping for the week. 

PLANNING:: Not much.  Life is blessedly slow right now. 

ON MY READING PILE::  I just finished Find Me Unafraid by Kennedy Odede & Jessica Posner   I have mixed feelings on this one.  I will post a review in a day or two!  



Right now I am reading In the Woods by Tana French 



and Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance 



ON MY T.V.::  Still binging Hawaii 5-0 (in season 3) and started watching E.R. from the beginning on Hulu.  Oh, and all of my YouTube videos!

FAVORITE BLOG/VLOG THIS WEEK::  Another very cool junk journal! 




FAVORITE THING OF THE WEEK::  Finishing my first junk journal. 

MY MENU PLAN::  
SUNDAY:  Chicken and gravy with 2-ingredient dough biscuits  (WW point friendly) 
MONDAY:  Dinner with a friend
TUESDAY:  Turkey tacos with pinto beans
WEDNESDAY:  Pork chops with corn and Spanish rice 
THURSDAY: Taco pasta salad (using leftover turkey taco meat) 



FRIDAY:  Herbed baked fish, baked potatoes, green beans
SATURDAY:  Dinner @ Dad's house 

TO-DO LIST:: Very mundane things.  Work, homeschool, Bible study, Weight Watchers, housework. 

MY PLANNERS THIS WEEK::  




FROM THE CAMERA::   

My youngest @ 7, 12, and 17.  She'll be 18 in 3 weeks!  Ack!  My baby!  <3 




WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO::  Just the simple things.  Being at home with the kids, reading, being cozy. 

CRAFTING:: Finished my first junk journal!  I'm using it as a memory journal. 







GRATEFUL:: Very grateful for the simplicity of life right now.  I pray that it remains for a long time. 

BIBLE STUDY:: Continuing on with my God & Glam Living the Christian Year study & starting Candace Payne's Defiant Joy study that starts today! 








Comments

  1. Junk journals are fun!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am obsessed! I'm starting another one :)

      Delete
  2. A junk journal sounds like a fun idea. Simplicity is definitely under-rated. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! I am all about the paper crafting, lol. It took me until just recently to realize that the simpler my life is, the happier I am!

      Delete
  3. I'm running so late this week visiting everyone. I sure hope you had a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts