Reading Plans & Book Challenges for 2018



My goal is to read at least 52 books in 2018.  I have found a couple of challenges and a book club that I will follow along with.  I pick and choose what best fits in with my life, so I don't really follow any one thing completely.






About 10 of the books I read last year fell under the Modern Mrs. Darcy challenge.  I read 3 books by the same author, a book set in a place that I want to visit, a book over 500 pages, a classic, a re-read, etc.  This year I plan to read most of the items on the list above! It puts some intention into my reading.

One book I already have planned for MMD for "memoir, biography, book of essays" is

"Just Kids: Patty Smith" 



Another challenge that I plan to work off of this year is the Book Riot Read Harder challenge. 



Here is a link to a printable pdf of the Book Riot challenge


This challenge has very diverse labels and I am excited about changing up my regular reading.  For a "Western", I plan to read Lonesome Dove, by  Larry McMurtry. 










I love the ladies and the leader, Lisamarie Landreth, of the Paper and Glam Book Club.  I have chosen to read at least two of the books they have chosen for this year.

In May we will be reading "Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll.  Barnes and Noble online had this beautiful hardcover on sale before Christmas for around $8.


In October the group is reading "Interview with the Vampire" by Anne Rice.  A long-time favorite of mine, I look forward to re-reading this.  I got a gorgeous hardcover copy of this one at the same BN sale.  It was $10.



A third book I may read with them is the Hemingway classic, "A Moveable Feast".  I am not a fan of Hemingway, but I think it's time I gave him another shot.  We shall see!


Those are just a few of my reading plans for the year.  If you want to keep up with what I am reading, you can follow me on Goodreads by clicking the link below!

A final P.S. If you want a head's up on what books to look out for this winter and spring, check out THIS POST by The Millions! 

Comments

Popular Posts