Happy Homemaker Monday, October 15th, 2018

Photo from Momy's Musings


I am linking up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday
The weather in my neck of the woods..... Perfect autumn weather - in the 50s. 

Right now I am.... Doing my meal prep for the week.  

Thinking about.... Overthinking about everything. 

On the blog last week..... Nothing!  Going away for the weekend really messed up my entire week!  But it was worth it. 

On my reading pile....  You can read all about my book-nerd life on my weekly post:  The Monday Book Report. 

On my TV.....
Youtube videos 
Ghost Adventures
Days of Our Lives
Young & Restless
All the Chicago shows
Criminal Minds  

Movie of the week...... I watched the original Halloween last week  This weekend I watched the Netflix new series, The Haunting of Hill House.  I'll be reviewing the book and series later this week.


Weight Watchers this week: Lost 1.4 for a total of 43 (this includes the 4 I lost prior to WW) 

On the menu for this week....
Sunday - Rigatoni with meat sauce with a side of garlic roasted cauliflower 
Monday -  Baked Buffalo chicken with spiralized potatoes and green beans 
Tuesday - Beef and broccoli with lots of mushrooms over rice 
Wednesday -  Turkey taco wraps with black bean and corn salad 
Thursday - BBQ chicken bowl 
Friday -  Dad's House - Game Night: Roasted chicken and vegetables 
Saturday - Homemade pizza 


Best recipe of last week...... Love using the thin crusts sold at Dollar Tree!  They are only 6 WW points for 1/2 the crust. 

New recipe I want to try......  I'm trying this lentil stew today - with a few modifications.  (It was really good) 

On my to do list.... 
Work
Take my sister to UM for Dr. appt and stress test 
Trader Joe's visit (about an hour from me) 
Lots of reading


Looking forward to this week.... A couple quiet nights at home reading. Having scary movie night with my sister on Friday night. 




Comments

  1. I noticed that Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. Looks intriguing but I can not do scary (well, not and sleep at night anyway!). Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't do scary well, do NOT watch this series! I love scary stuff and I was freaked out! Have a wonderful week!

      Sherry

      Delete
  2. Haunting of Hill House intrigues me, but I'm a bit overloaded right now. Glad you're having a PERFECT autumn! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like psychological creepy - read the book. If you like creepy creepy - watch the series! They will both be around once your life slows down a bit!

      Delete
  3. buffalo chicken anything sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. I rarely eat buffalo-type sauce, I need to do it more often!

      Delete
  4. I have the Haunting of Hill House on my list to watch. Your menu looks yummy!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts