My Ten (OK, 13) Favorite Books in 2018


I had a really good reading year.  I tried to narrow the list down to 10 books - but of the 61 books that I read this year, I have 13 that I truly found exceptional - and one that truly didn't live up to the hype. 

BEST CLASSIC:  I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou 



"Of all the needs (there are none imaginary) a lonely child has, the one that must be satisfied, if there is going to be hope and a hope of wholeness, is the unshaking need for an unshakable God."

"The world had taken a deep breath and was having doubts about continuing to revolve."


BEST THRILLERS: 

3. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch 






2The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins 

1. The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn  






BEST CHRISTIAN FICTION: 

Julia's Hope by Leisha Kelly (My review is HERE




BEST YOUNG ADULT: 

The Selection by Kiera Cass 




Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon 





BEST MOST-TALKED-ABOUT BOOKS: 

2. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng 






1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes   (Movie was also really good!) 



BEST BOOK ABOUT BOOKS/AUTHORS: 

The Madwoman Upstairs by Catherine Lowell




MY TOP THREE - THE BEST OF THE BEST: 

3. Where the Crawdad's Sing by Delia Owens 

2.  The Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Badani (My review is HERE








1.  The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah (My review is HERE




LEAST FAVORITE BOOK OF THE YEAR: 







Comments

  1. nice recap! I need to read The Woman in the Window!!
    Here are my favorites: https://wordsandpeace.com/2019/01/01/year-of-reading-2018-part-1-my-top-14/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts