Happy Homemaker Monday March 28th, 2016



The weather outside is::::  A typical spring-time in Detroit - yesterday was sunny and near 70, last night was full of thunderstorms, and today is cold, windy and rainy! 

On the breakfast plate this morning:::: To be honest I had a McDonald's dollar sausage burrito :/  

As I look outside my window::: The trees are just starting to bud.  The sky is gray and cloudy.  The wind is whipping the tree branches around and there is no blue sky in sight!

Right now I am:::: Oh, I am supposed to be working!  I'm taking a break from typing up H&Ps for the hospital and boarding surgeries. 

As I look around the house:::: My kitchen desperately needs my attention.  I am out of work early today, so I will be giving using my new FlyHelper app to get through my routines!  

TO DO::::
1. Vacuum out car and wipe down inside (trying to keep this car really clean!) 
2. Stop by my dad's shop to set up a Facebook page for him! 
3. Stop by the store for face makeup! 
4. Clean kitchen (see above, lol) 
5. Make dinner 
6. Do a load of laundry
7. Put turkey tenderloin, potatoes and carrots in Crockpot for work lunches and make a pot of bulgur.  
8.  Do week 2, day 5 of Armor of God study, day 1 of One More Step (Rachel Wojo) study, and day 28 of Genuine Faith  study.  (can we say overlap?) 

Currently reading::::  (follow me on GoodReads
1. In the Company of Others (Father Tim #2) Jan Karon
2. The Armor of God Priscilla Shirer
3. One More Step Rachel Wojo
4. Power Prayers in the War Room Daniel B. Lancaster
5. Static Omnibus James Hunt
6. The Heartbreak Cafe by Melissa Hill

Books I finished in the past couple of weeks:::: 
1. Broken Grace by E.C. Discin 4*
2. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry 3.5* (bad ending)
3. The Good Neighbor 3.5* A. J. Banner
4. The Commanche Girl's Prayer 3* Angela Castillo
5. A Head Full of Ghosts 4* Paul Tremblay (VERY scary)

On Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube::::
1. Binge watching Fringe
2. Binge watching 2nd season of Daredevil (LOVE) 
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Chicago P.D. 
5. Various Weight Watcher YouTubers 

On the menu this week::::
Monday: Spaghetti and meatballs with steamed broccoli
Tuesday: Scalloped potatoes and ham with green beans
Wednesday: Mom's house for dinner 
Thursday: Crockpot Sesame chicken and rice 
Friday: Pork chops, roasted veggies 
Saturday: Mom's house for dinner
Sunday:  Emily Bite's Chicken Parmesan casserole

Favorite blog posts or pins from this week:::

Rachel Wojo - You are Beautiful 

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::



Comments

  1. I love those McDonald's sausage burritos. I probably grab one on my way to work more mornings than I should really admit. Fringe is my all-time favorite show :) I haven't watched Daredevil yet but perhaps I'll give it a try based on your recommendation. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got an organized week ahead - hope it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you are a bookworm! : ) I love the menu especially wed. nothing like "moms house for dinner"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts