My Five Favorite Reads of 2020





 I didn't have the greatest reading year.  In fact, I didn't read at all from about Mid-March until end of May (if I am remembering right).  I am ending the year (this is adding on 1 more book between today and the end of the year, I think that is fair) 56 books for the year.  My GoodReads goal was only 52 for the year, so we will go with that number being satisfying enough.  

These were all new authors to me!  And you will notice that two of Colleen Hoover's books took my top five!  I actually read a 3rd book from her and it was really great too! 

And it won't hurt to mention - these five books were ALL available on Kindle Unlimited! 

My #5 book for the year was: The Stationary Shopby Marjan Kamali

What I loved the most:  The setting and history of 1953 Tehran and the loveliness of the story. 


My #4 book for the year was: Layla by Colleen Hoover

What I loved the most: Very twisty!  I could have done without the sex scenes, but other than that, we had a love story, stalking, the paranormal - and a remarkable story teller!  I finished it in one day. 

My #3 book for the year was: Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah

What I loved the most:  The story was just BEAUTIFUL.  


My #2 book for the year was: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

What I loved the most:  The in depth story telling, the skeletons in the closet, the strong female characters. 



And my #1 favorite book of the year was: Verity by Colleen Hoover 

What I loved most: Another TWISTY book.  I loved the mystery of it all!  This was my first book by this author and her writing amazed me!  Couldn't wait to get back to reading it. 


Honorable mentions:  The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson, When We Believed in Mermaids by Barbara O'Neal, In An Instant by Susan Redfearn, and When I Was You by Minka Kent. 

Comments

Popular Posts