Happy Homemaker Monday for 7/5/2021 (only 2 days late)

 

I'm linking up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker

It's been the strangest couple of weeks. I spent about 10 days Up North taking care of my sweetheart after his second hip surgery. Then came home to find out my dad had to have a heart procedure due to the atrial fibrillation that we both contracted after COVID. Then my sister ... Well let's just say that she really made a mess of things. Had to take her to urgent care after a fall.  Then last week I ended up in the hospital with chest pains.  But GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.  





The weather::: 

It's been HOT and HUMID.  But a cool front is coming through.  I'm enjoying the sunshine - the humidity, not so much. 
 
On my reading pile::: 

 I finished the cutest homemaking book.  I really enjoyed it and would love to buy a hard copy for my library.  





I also have been going through a bunch of vegan and heart-healthy cookbooks.  I'm trying to be MOSTLY plant based.  Still chicken breast, lean turkey and fish for the time being a few times per week.  Have to take extra care of the ticker thanks go COVID.  

Right now I am reading Mary Kubica's "The Good Girl" 



 
 
On my TV:::  

  I am just finishing up the K-Drama "Mouse" with my bestie in NH.  It is very much an edge-of-your-seat thriller.  Really good if you like that kinda thing! 

Days of Our Lives
YouTube - Mostly vegan vloggers as I TRY to switch over to more plant-based eating
The Chosen - I still have several episodes of season 2 to finish up!  Amazing! 


 
On the menu for this week::: 

 



Monday -   BBQ chicken "KFC" bowl 
Tuesday -   Lentil chili w/ crackers
Wednesday -  Veggie chicken sandwich, corn on the cob and sweet potato fries
Thursday -   Burrito bowl with ground turkey 
Friday -  Whole wheat penne with fresh tomato and basil sauce w/ side of veggies
Saturday -  C.O.R.N soup (clean out refrigerator night)  Homemade veggie broth and lots of veggies that are getting sad looking, any beans, pasta, etc. from leftovers.  Always makes a good soup! 
Sunday - Peanut noodles w/ lots of veggies 

BREAKFASTS:  Mostly overnight oats this week 
LUNCHES:  Leftovers or chickpea salad sandwiches
 
 
On my to do list::: 

  1.  I have a grocery pick-up after work today
  2. Put away groceries from my Whole Foods delivery via Amazon Prime 
  3. Watch the finale of "Mouse" with my bestie 
  4. Do my Bible/Prayer studies this evening 
  5. Strengthening exercises for my arms and legs (again - darn COVID) 
  6. Pay bills
 
What I am creating::: 

 I have a very dear friend in Florida who sent me the SWEETEST package of goodies!  Inside was a bunch of lovely paper crafting supplies!  I plan to start a new junk journal soon.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures for you next week! 
 
 
Looking around the house::: 

  I feel like there are always dishes.  I despise dishes! I haven't had a dishwasher in years and years and dishes remain my nemesis! Floors need to be swept and mopped 

From the camera::: 

 
Two of my kitties.  Sammy (left) & Mr. Beatnik.

My gorgeous orchid Emily bought me for Mother's Day 2 years ago


 My peacock planter on my balcony
 


 
On my prayer list::: 

*My Dad.  He was supposed to have a catheterization yesterday but they found that he has no blockages!  Praise Jesus!  But in 2 weeks he will need a cardioversion - which is shocking his heart back into rhythm. 
*My sweetheart as he recovers from his hip replacement. 
*Dorcus, my sponsored child and her family and village. 
*Family and friends
 
 
Bible verse, Devotional::: 

I'm still reading in 2nd Kings.  I got a little bit behind with all that is going on.  


I'll be starting a new Bible Study tonight that I found for free on Kindle Unlimited, it's "Proverbs 31 Woman".  More on that next week! 

Comments

Popular Posts