Happy Homemaker Monday



 
Hello, it's been so long since I've updated my blog. I never seem to keep up with it even though that is not my intention!  Not to mention that I never seem to get these up on Monday!  hahaha  

The really good news is that my job has changed over the past couple of months and I no longer have the massive amount of work to do all by myself!  They have spread out the emails over 10 people instead of 2!!  So I should have more time to myself and less overtime! 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥

 


I live in Detroit, Michigan.  I absolutely hate this weather.  The "in between".  I can't wait to move Up North where it will be colder and snowier! 



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
  
 It's dreary.  It is cold, but not cold enough. It's rained the past two days.  I'm ready for winter. I want to see some snow on the trees in the park across the street. 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I'm working.  I still work at John Hancock but in January I was moved from phones to email.  I do customer service for the Agencies of the high value policies.  A few months ago I was put in charge of the box.  I was crazy busy and had so much overtime for several months, but they restructured the department about 2 months ago and now I actually have some free time.  I really love my job and feel very blessed and grateful to God for moving me within the company to someplace I can excel. 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥


SO many things. This time of year always gets me thinking.  My relationship with the Lord being on top.  I've been working on our relationship, and He has been nudging me to do some things.  I've got such a big year in 2023.  Jeff and I plan to get married on October 6th.  If I am cleared medically, I plan to get a gastric sleeve done in late spring.  (This is for health reasons, absolutely NOTHING to do with getting married.  I was going to do this in 2020 but then COVID hit) I'm worried about finances.  Trying to clean up my credit report.  I need a new car.  We want to buy some land and a house - but my Dad is urging me to stay in the area. And back to God - He has been showing me how much time I waste on my phone.  Watching tv shows and movies that are not glorifying to Him. Reading books and listening to music that don't align with who I am supposed to be. It's been on my mind.  I know I should make some changes. He's also leading me to do some things that scare me, but I've put off His requests for far too long. 

 
♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

 I am feeling really down and blue today - but I felt "nudged" by God to start blogging again, so I am being obedient!  Menopause is tough.  Feeling overwhelmed and depressed today. 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥

My best friend's "My Asian Obessions" playlist on Spotify. A lot of the songs are from shows that we have watched together. I really like a lot of the music - some of it is in English, some in Korean, Chinese, or Taiwanese. 

I'm also listening to traffic out of my window. It's time for school to get out.  I have a high school across the park and an elementary school on my corner. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥


             A breakfast burrito I prepped Saturday. 
  

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

  
 A baked potato and some bean and sweet potato stew I made Saturday
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

 
Dinner tonight will be leftovers - black bean, corn, and rice burritos.  Maybe some green beans to get a green veggie in there.  
 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black yoga pants a Led Zeppelin t-shirt and a long sweater.  Oh, and a messy bun and slippers. Work-at-home wear!  
 

♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

I went through a reading lull for awhile there.  Nothing kept my attention. I put Anna Karenina aside for several months. I recently read more Colleen Hoover books, including the new one, It Starts with us. Her books are always entertaining. 

I joined an online classics bookclub that is reading Anna Karenina.  I'll be meeting up with them via Zoom to discuss next month.  

♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

*Days of Our Lives
*True Crime shows 
*Hallmark Christmas movies 
*Favorite YouTubers 
*Current K-Dramas:  ITaewon Class and Reborn Rich 


♥♥ On the menu ♥♥

 
Monday - Black bean, elote rice and corn burritos 
Tuesday - Taco night at my Dad's house 
Wednesday - Baked pasta with Italian Sausage
Thursday -   Madras Lentils and Rice 
Friday - Scalloped Potatoes and Ham 
Saturday - Red beans and rice 
Sunday - Dad's house - Jeff will be making homemade biscuits, sausage gravy, eggs and fried potatoes.  This was my dad's request! 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

 We just got the tree up and the decorations.  I absolutely love the lights and wish I could have them year round! 




♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

 
Monday - Work, K-drama with Heather
Tuesday - Dinner and Game Night w/ Dad, Sisters and Nephew
Wednesday - Work
Thursday - Work - Take Jennah to her class in the evening
Friday - Work, K-drama with Heather
Saturday - Take Jennah to her class, Lots of reading
Sunday - Church with Jeff, spend time at Dad's house 
 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥

 

This recipe is in my grandmother's hand. 

  
♥♥ What I'm Creating ♥♥

This brings me to what God has been nudging me to do.  I'm working on a Bible study.  I'll have more information in January, but I'm very excited about it. 

 
♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥

I am currently doing the "Bring on the Merry" Advent study by Candace Cameron and it is awesome!  I'll also be starting the "He Is" study with Women's Online Bible Study (just need the book to arrive) 

I have been working on my prayer life, as it is a shell of what it should be. 



Comments

  1. What a gorgeous blog.. so Christmassy!! I am pretty sure they will be replaying it prob many time. They seem to rerun their movies pretty much.. I watched the new Paul Greene Christmas today and it was pretty good!!! They will definitely give Hallmark a run for their money!!
    After reading your blog, I have to say, I felt a very strong word from the Lord that during these rather disparate times.. where evil is rampant and the church is diminishing in it's influence in society. He told me to give Him preeminence in my blog so I still do my favorite memes but I also am doing some daily posts for for him. YOU might check that out on my blog . I am finding that when I begin a post He gives me the topic and many times the words to say. I also find things on line to help. I try to choose good things taht Ive used before and do no think there are strict copywriter codes. Anyway. Ive been doing this for a couple of months and now and I think it is pretty well received. I do it for the Lord and to encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the vintage/70s theme of the background, reminds me of my childhood! I was listening to a podcast of Candace Cameron and there is a new Christmas movie on GAF tomorrow with Kimmie from Full House in it! It sounds good and I am going to try and catch that one. I will definitely follow your blog regularly. I know exactly what you are saying because He has given me book ideas down to the titles of the chapters - yet I haven't done anything with it. Music too. When I am obedient, He will wake me up in the middle of the night with song lyrics and the music. It's always sort of scared me so I haven't followed through. I should be ashamed - I mean to say I AM ashamed! I need to do better.

      Delete
  2. Your comment on my blog about planners made me giggle...I am a planner hoarder too. Tee Hee!!! I am giving you big hugs and hope the blues go away soon. I adore your blog and enjoyed reading through it today. Thank you for your sweet visit. :)
    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julieann! My daughter calls me a hoarder, but I only hoard a few things! Planners/journals are definitely one of them! Books and maybe purses hahaha. I am feeling much more positive and i appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back to blogging. I hope your blues passed and your week is going much brighter. What a treasure that recipe card must be in your grandmother's hand. Your tree is beautiful! I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I don't know why I always let it go to the wayside. I love blogging, but like many other things, I have very little follow through. After my mom passed, what I wanted more than anything were her cookbooks and homemaking magazines, because that is where her heart was. I have both hers and my grandmother's recipe boxes and they make me so happy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts